Hugh Jackman Laughs Off $100 Million Wolverine Deal Rumors
Hugh Jackman, as it turns out, did not receive a massive $100M deal from 20th Century Fox to reprise his iconic role as Wolverine in four more movies. The Aussie actor, who is currently filming "X-Men: Days of Future Past" in Montreal, Canada, tells Entertainment Weekly that the report from National Enquirer is false.
"No it's not true," says Jackman. "I would never do that. I've never done that mainly because, for the fans and for me, each time I've gone around there's been a really good reason to do it and I don't know what that reason is from here. I'm in the middle of making this and I just promoted the other and I'm really happy with the way 'The Wolverine' came out."
Earlier this week, National Enquirer claimed that Jackman had been offered the aforementioned deal, but did not reveal whether or not all of the four movies were the stand-alone ones. A so-called close friend of the buffed actor confirmed it to the site.
"Hugh has a big decision to make. It's not every day an actor gets offered this kind of paycheck, but Hugh vowed never to lock himself into any multipicture deals after 'X-Men'," the insider claimed. "He hasn't given any kind of answer yet, so at least he's considering it."
More Hugh Jackman News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars