Hugh Jackman Laughs Off $100 Million Wolverine Deal Rumors
Hugh Jackman, as it turns out, did not receive a massive $100M deal from 20th Century Fox to reprise his iconic role as Wolverine in four more movies. The Aussie actor, who is currently filming "X-Men: Days of Future Past" in Montreal, Canada, tells Entertainment Weekly that the report from National Enquirer is false.
"No it's not true," says Jackman. "I would never do that. I've never done that mainly because, for the fans and for me, each time I've gone around there's been a really good reason to do it and I don't know what that reason is from here. I'm in the middle of making this and I just promoted the other and I'm really happy with the way 'The Wolverine' came out."
Earlier this week, National Enquirer claimed that Jackman had been offered the aforementioned deal, but did not reveal whether or not all of the four movies were the stand-alone ones. A so-called close friend of the buffed actor confirmed it to the site.
"Hugh has a big decision to make. It's not every day an actor gets offered this kind of paycheck, but Hugh vowed never to lock himself into any multipicture deals after 'X-Men'," the insider claimed. "He hasn't given any kind of answer yet, so at least he's considering it."
More Hugh Jackman News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!