Hugh Jackman Laughs Off $100 Million Wolverine Deal Rumors
Hugh Jackman, as it turns out, did not receive a massive $100M deal from 20th Century Fox to reprise his iconic role as Wolverine in four more movies. The Aussie actor, who is currently filming "X-Men: Days of Future Past" in Montreal, Canada, tells Entertainment Weekly that the report from National Enquirer is false.
"No it's not true," says Jackman. "I would never do that. I've never done that mainly because, for the fans and for me, each time I've gone around there's been a really good reason to do it and I don't know what that reason is from here. I'm in the middle of making this and I just promoted the other and I'm really happy with the way 'The Wolverine' came out."
Earlier this week, National Enquirer claimed that Jackman had been offered the aforementioned deal, but did not reveal whether or not all of the four movies were the stand-alone ones. A so-called close friend of the buffed actor confirmed it to the site.
"Hugh has a big decision to make. It's not every day an actor gets offered this kind of paycheck, but Hugh vowed never to lock himself into any multipicture deals after 'X-Men'," the insider claimed. "He hasn't given any kind of answer yet, so at least he's considering it."
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger