Gia Allemand's Funeral to Be Held in New York
Funeral arrangement has been made for "The Bachelor" star Gia Allemand, who was pronounced dead at University Hospital in New Orleans on Wednesday, August 14. The reality star will be laid to rest in her hometown, New York.
"Gia Allemand's funeral will take place in New York at the Papavero Funeral Home. A date is not confirmed at this time. The funeral will be open to the public, yet no cameras or cell phones will be permitted inside. Many friends from the Bachelor family are expected to be in attendance," a representative for Gia told E! News.
An autopsy previously was performed to Gia, who died of apparent suicide. New Orleans Coroner's Office Chief Investigator John Gagliano said that it was carried out on Thursday morning, but the results would not be revealed to public.
"Cause of death is not public information in the State of Louisiana unless it is a violent death like a homicide or it occurs in a public place or is a public hazard or health hazard or is an accidental fatality like a car accident," he said. He added that Coroner's office would "not be releasing any statements."
Fellow reality star Ali Fedotowsky, who met Gia only last week, emotionally said that she wished she could've helped her. "If she had said something to any one of us, we would have been there," Ali explained, referring to members of "The Bachelor" family. "We had a dinner together, just her and I, just the two of us. We talked for hours, just about life, and I know there were things she was going through, things that will always remain between me and her - but I didn't see it at all, not at all, and I just wish I had seen something," she recalled.
"You can't help but play the conversation back in your head over and over and over and wish you could have done something. And knowing how hurt I am and how I feel, I just can't even imagine what she was going through, or her family... So I just hope we remember her for how wonderful she was," Ali added.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'