'Gossip Girl' Star Ed Westwick in Talks to Sink His Fangs in 'Kitchen Sink'
Ed Westwick is eyeing "The Kitchen Sink" as his next starring vehicle. The Wrap learns that the "Gossip Girl" alum, who starred as the womanizer Chuck Bass on The CW's hit series, enters talks to portray a "smooth-talking vampire who wants to make Mackenzie Davis his latest bloody conquest" in the film developed by Sony Pictures.
Based on Oren Uziel's Black List script, the film follows a group of teens who form an unlikely alliance with vampires and zombies in order to take on an alien army. "Spring Breakers" actress Vanessa Hudgens, who has been approached since July, reportedly "is nearing a deal for a key role."
Besides Davis, actors that have been added to the cast ensemble earlier include Nicholas Braun, Josh Fadem and Denis Leary. Matt Tolmach will serve as producer. Set to oversee the project are Kate Checchi on behalf of Matt Tolmach Productions and Sony exec Lauren Abrahams. Robbie Pickering has been tapped to direct.
After "Gossip Girl", Westwick took a supporting role as Tybalt in Carlo Carlei's "Romeo and Juliet", which stars Douglas Booth and Hailee Steinfeld as the iconic lovers. His credits also include Clint Eastwood's "J. Edgar" and the Felicity Jones-led "Chalet Girl".
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant