'Gossip Girl' Star Ed Westwick in Talks to Sink His Fangs in 'Kitchen Sink'
Ed Westwick is eyeing "The Kitchen Sink" as his next starring vehicle. The Wrap learns that the "Gossip Girl" alum, who starred as the womanizer Chuck Bass on The CW's hit series, enters talks to portray a "smooth-talking vampire who wants to make Mackenzie Davis his latest bloody conquest" in the film developed by Sony Pictures.
Based on Oren Uziel's Black List script, the film follows a group of teens who form an unlikely alliance with vampires and zombies in order to take on an alien army. "Spring Breakers" actress Vanessa Hudgens, who has been approached since July, reportedly "is nearing a deal for a key role."
Besides Davis, actors that have been added to the cast ensemble earlier include Nicholas Braun, Josh Fadem and Denis Leary. Matt Tolmach will serve as producer. Set to oversee the project are Kate Checchi on behalf of Matt Tolmach Productions and Sony exec Lauren Abrahams. Robbie Pickering has been tapped to direct.
After "Gossip Girl", Westwick took a supporting role as Tybalt in Carlo Carlei's "Romeo and Juliet", which stars Douglas Booth and Hailee Steinfeld as the iconic lovers. His credits also include Clint Eastwood's "J. Edgar" and the Felicity Jones-led "Chalet Girl".
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris