Shailene Woodley Chops Her Locks for Lead Role in 'The Fault in Our Stars'
Shailene Woodley will cut her long hair this weekend because not only of her role in "The Fault in Our Stars", but also of good cause. The Golden Globe-nominated girl has decided to donate eight inches of locks to Children with Hair Loss, an organization that creates wigs for kids who've experienced hair loss due to medical conditions.
"For the past five years, I've been on an i-want-to-grow-my-hair-as-long-as-possible kick ... I began to deeply look at WHY I was so keen on creating flowing locks down my spine," Woodley says on her Tumblr. "I was committed to never chopping it off. Cut to: Now. On Saturday, it will be the shortest it's ever been. and I feel so relieved, so ready, so dedicated."
She then asks people to consider joining her in the "#hairforhazel team," referring to her character's name, Hazel Grace Lancaster. "There are so many human beings out there who would LOVE the opportunity to possess long hair, but simply can not because of their current situation ... let's share!" she says.
John Green, author of the book adapted by the film, also supports Woodley's bold move. "When Shailene told me about this, I immediately thought there might be people in nerdfighteria who want to join her," he writes on his blog. "I want to be clear that this was entirely Shai's idea. I hope if you're able, you'll consider joining Shai in donating."
Directed by Josh Boone, the movie is about Hazel, a 16-year-old cancer patient who falls for a 17-year-old amputee named Augustus Waters, to be played by Ansel Elgort. It's developed at 20th Century Fox.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes