'Vampire Academy' Debuts First Action-Heavy Trailer
After debuting a teaser, "Vampire Academy", which Richelle Mead's fans surely cannot wait to watch on next year's Valentine's Day, drops its first full trailer today via Yahoo! Movies. Through the perspective of a half-vampire half-human named Rose, it will be revealed how much vampires and humans differ.
"I don't know about you, but my school can get a little insane," says Zoey Deutch, who plays the aforementioned Rose, in a voiceover that opens the trailer. "Most of us stay up all night and all of us think that we'll live forever ... if we survive graduation, that is."
Then, glimpses of those prom boys and girls showing their fangs do explain why Rose says so. If girls normally exchange bracelets, it just won't happen in the vampire world. "Thanks," says Lucy Fry's Lissa Dragomir as she is done sucking blood from Rose, who replies, "What are friends for?"
From "Mean Girls" director Mark Waters, "Vampire Academy" follows Rose, who is tasked to protect Lissa, one of the mortal vampires called the Moroi, from bloodthirsty, immortal Vampires, the Strigoi. This is why she is later seen showing off her fighting skills alongside Danila Kozlovsky's Dimitri, the one she falls for.
Written by scribe Daniel Waters, the movie also stars Olga Kurylenko, Gabriel Byrne and more.
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'