Alex Rodriguez Might Be Cut From Kids Movie 'Henry and Me' Due to Doping Scandal
The alleged doping scandal that hit Alex Rodriguez might not only cost him 211 games during the 2013-2014 Major League Baseball season. The New York Yankees player probably will also be cut from "Henry & Me", in which he has a voice role as himself. At the screening of the animated movie Wednesday, August 14 in Midtown Manhattan, executive producer Ray Negron made a statement regarding this.
"I love Alex Rodriguez, but I love kids more," Negron said, as cited by Newsday. He revealed that investors feared his presence would do harm to profits, which will be donated to charities supported by the performers. He added, "We just don't want to get caught up with everything that's happening right now. The message that we are trying to relay to kids is too important."
According to Negron, Rodriguez, who is said to only have a few lines in the pic, but appear in 49 sequences, would "understand" but hasn't been informed of any changes since no final decision had been made.
"If that's what has to happen here, that's what has to happen here from the standpoint of what's best for the team," Negron said. "The team being children who are going to be seeing this for the rest of their lives."
Directed by Barrett Esposito, "Henry & Me" centers on a young Yankees fan named Jack who is overcoming cancer. Rodriguez's fellow Yankees players also take parts in it, including Reggie Jackson and Yogi Berra. Starring Richard Gere, it will open in select U.S. theaters in April.
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I 6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza