Alex Rodriguez Might Be Cut From Kids Movie 'Henry and Me' Due to Doping Scandal
The alleged doping scandal that hit Alex Rodriguez might not only cost him 211 games during the 2013-2014 Major League Baseball season. The New York Yankees player probably will also be cut from "Henry & Me", in which he has a voice role as himself. At the screening of the animated movie Wednesday, August 14 in Midtown Manhattan, executive producer Ray Negron made a statement regarding this.
"I love Alex Rodriguez, but I love kids more," Negron said, as cited by Newsday. He revealed that investors feared his presence would do harm to profits, which will be donated to charities supported by the performers. He added, "We just don't want to get caught up with everything that's happening right now. The message that we are trying to relay to kids is too important."
According to Negron, Rodriguez, who is said to only have a few lines in the pic, but appear in 49 sequences, would "understand" but hasn't been informed of any changes since no final decision had been made.
"If that's what has to happen here, that's what has to happen here from the standpoint of what's best for the team," Negron said. "The team being children who are going to be seeing this for the rest of their lives."
Directed by Barrett Esposito, "Henry & Me" centers on a young Yankees fan named Jack who is overcoming cancer. Rodriguez's fellow Yankees players also take parts in it, including Reggie Jackson and Yogi Berra. Starring Richard Gere, it will open in select U.S. theaters in April.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'