Alex Rodriguez Might Be Cut From Kids Movie 'Henry and Me' Due to Doping Scandal
The alleged doping scandal that hit Alex Rodriguez might not only cost him 211 games during the 2013-2014 Major League Baseball season. The New York Yankees player probably will also be cut from "Henry & Me", in which he has a voice role as himself. At the screening of the animated movie Wednesday, August 14 in Midtown Manhattan, executive producer Ray Negron made a statement regarding this.
"I love Alex Rodriguez, but I love kids more," Negron said, as cited by Newsday. He revealed that investors feared his presence would do harm to profits, which will be donated to charities supported by the performers. He added, "We just don't want to get caught up with everything that's happening right now. The message that we are trying to relay to kids is too important."
According to Negron, Rodriguez, who is said to only have a few lines in the pic, but appear in 49 sequences, would "understand" but hasn't been informed of any changes since no final decision had been made.
"If that's what has to happen here, that's what has to happen here from the standpoint of what's best for the team," Negron said. "The team being children who are going to be seeing this for the rest of their lives."
Directed by Barrett Esposito, "Henry & Me" centers on a young Yankees fan named Jack who is overcoming cancer. Rodriguez's fellow Yankees players also take parts in it, including Reggie Jackson and Yogi Berra. Starring Richard Gere, it will open in select U.S. theaters in April.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal