Tameka Foster Is 'Angry' Son's Pool Incident 'Happened on Usher's Watch'
Tameka Foster addresses a recent pool incident that happened to her son Usher Raymond V, saying that she does not blame her ex-husband Usher for it. During an appearance on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, August 14, Tameka told Dan Abrams about the moment she learned of the incident.
"I don't know if there's a way for blood pressure to peak higher so quick," she recalled the moment when she received the news. Tameka was in a dental clinic when she received a call telling her that little Usher was almost drowned after his hand was stuck in drain as he tried to retrieve a toy. "He doesn't call me regularly, so when I saw his number come up I immediately jumped up. I figured he had the boys ... I need to get this," she said.
She explained, "I was mad, because I was like 'How did this happen? Who was watching him? Why was my son underwater for, you know, nearly three minutes?' " She added that "I didn't blame him for it. I just was angry that it happened on his watch. While accidents happen, never have my children been injured on my watch."
Usher V was rescued by two workers who were nearby as his arm was stuck in drain. One of the workers performed CPR as the boy's aunt, who was taking care of him, dialed 911. The 5-year-old boy was released from hospital earlier this week.
Tameka filed a request to gain custody of their children Usher V and Naviyd following the incident. However, a judge decided on August 9 that the custody would remain on Usher's hand for the time being.
"When the incident happened, my attorney filed an emergency motion so that my son, when he was released from the hospital, wasn't going back to the house where this happened. I'd like to have my first right of refusal, which means when he is not present, the kids come home with their mom," she said, adding, "I had to see on Instagram that my 4-year-old lost his first tooth. That's my baby. Things that are, precious moments, milestone moments, I'm just missing."
More Usher News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation