Amber Heard on Her Bisexuality: 'I'm Not, and Wasn't Ever, Ashamed'
Amber Heard is proud of her sexuality. The girlfriend of Johnny Depp says in the newest issue of Elle that she has no regret over her decision to come out as bisexual in 2010. The blonde beauty, who dated photographer Tasya van Ree from 2008 to 2012, says to the magazine, "I didn't want to look like I was hiding anything. I'm not, and wasn't ever, ashamed."
When it comes to picking which roles she wants to play on screen, Heard who will soon be seen in "Machete Kills" and "Three Days to Kill" prefers "characters who are somehow empowered or strong" to damsel-in-distress type. "People want to put me in a wedding dress and make me the object of affection, but I'd much rather shoot the gun and save the world. I've always fought against what was expected of me as much as I could," so she explains.
"I don't imagine myself, my work, or my life, fitting into any kind of standardized path," she additionally says while dodging questions on her engagement rumor with Depp. "In fact, the idea of there even being a standard freaks me out a lot."
More Amber Heard News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked