Amber Heard on Her Bisexuality: 'I'm Not, and Wasn't Ever, Ashamed'
Amber Heard is proud of her sexuality. The girlfriend of Johnny Depp says in the newest issue of Elle that she has no regret over her decision to come out as bisexual in 2010. The blonde beauty, who dated photographer Tasya van Ree from 2008 to 2012, says to the magazine, "I didn't want to look like I was hiding anything. I'm not, and wasn't ever, ashamed."
When it comes to picking which roles she wants to play on screen, Heard who will soon be seen in "Machete Kills" and "Three Days to Kill" prefers "characters who are somehow empowered or strong" to damsel-in-distress type. "People want to put me in a wedding dress and make me the object of affection, but I'd much rather shoot the gun and save the world. I've always fought against what was expected of me as much as I could," so she explains.
"I don't imagine myself, my work, or my life, fitting into any kind of standardized path," she additionally says while dodging questions on her engagement rumor with Depp. "In fact, the idea of there even being a standard freaks me out a lot."
More Amber Heard News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival