Amber Heard on Her Bisexuality: 'I'm Not, and Wasn't Ever, Ashamed'
Amber Heard is proud of her sexuality. The girlfriend of Johnny Depp says in the newest issue of Elle that she has no regret over her decision to come out as bisexual in 2010. The blonde beauty, who dated photographer Tasya van Ree from 2008 to 2012, says to the magazine, "I didn't want to look like I was hiding anything. I'm not, and wasn't ever, ashamed."
When it comes to picking which roles she wants to play on screen, Heard who will soon be seen in "Machete Kills" and "Three Days to Kill" prefers "characters who are somehow empowered or strong" to damsel-in-distress type. "People want to put me in a wedding dress and make me the object of affection, but I'd much rather shoot the gun and save the world. I've always fought against what was expected of me as much as I could," so she explains.
"I don't imagine myself, my work, or my life, fitting into any kind of standardized path," she additionally says while dodging questions on her engagement rumor with Depp. "In fact, the idea of there even being a standard freaks me out a lot."
More Amber Heard News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers