Amber Heard on Her Bisexuality: 'I'm Not, and Wasn't Ever, Ashamed'
Amber Heard is proud of her sexuality. The girlfriend of Johnny Depp says in the newest issue of Elle that she has no regret over her decision to come out as bisexual in 2010. The blonde beauty, who dated photographer Tasya van Ree from 2008 to 2012, says to the magazine, "I didn't want to look like I was hiding anything. I'm not, and wasn't ever, ashamed."
When it comes to picking which roles she wants to play on screen, Heard who will soon be seen in "Machete Kills" and "Three Days to Kill" prefers "characters who are somehow empowered or strong" to damsel-in-distress type. "People want to put me in a wedding dress and make me the object of affection, but I'd much rather shoot the gun and save the world. I've always fought against what was expected of me as much as I could," so she explains.
"I don't imagine myself, my work, or my life, fitting into any kind of standardized path," she additionally says while dodging questions on her engagement rumor with Depp. "In fact, the idea of there even being a standard freaks me out a lot."
More Amber Heard News
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof