Amber Heard on Her Bisexuality: 'I'm Not, and Wasn't Ever, Ashamed'
Amber Heard is proud of her sexuality. The girlfriend of Johnny Depp says in the newest issue of Elle that she has no regret over her decision to come out as bisexual in 2010. The blonde beauty, who dated photographer Tasya van Ree from 2008 to 2012, says to the magazine, "I didn't want to look like I was hiding anything. I'm not, and wasn't ever, ashamed."
When it comes to picking which roles she wants to play on screen, Heard who will soon be seen in "Machete Kills" and "Three Days to Kill" prefers "characters who are somehow empowered or strong" to damsel-in-distress type. "People want to put me in a wedding dress and make me the object of affection, but I'd much rather shoot the gun and save the world. I've always fought against what was expected of me as much as I could," so she explains.
"I don't imagine myself, my work, or my life, fitting into any kind of standardized path," she additionally says while dodging questions on her engagement rumor with Depp. "In fact, the idea of there even being a standard freaks me out a lot."
More Amber Heard News
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It