Laura Prepon Not Returning to 'Orange Is the New Black' as Series Regular
Laura Prepon's Alex Vause may take off the prison uniform soon. Sources tell BuzzFeed that the actress will not return as a series regular in the second season of Netflix's critically-acclaimed series "Orange Is the New Black".
Rumor has it, Prepon opted not to sign a contract for the full season, but the door is left open for her to return in the future. Prepon may appear in a handful of episodes in season 2 to wrap up her character's storyline.
Representatives for Prepon decline to comment on the news. Netflix, however, has denied the story. A representative for the Internet streaming media, which distributes the series, says the rumors are "not accurate. Our season is still developing and nothing is confirmed."
Prepon's Alex is the on-again/off-again girlfriend of central character Piper Chapman, portrayed by Taylor Schilling. Due to her past relationship with the drug-runner, Piper ends up in jail where Alex is also serving time. While in prison, Piper tries to understand and find her place in the hierarchy.
Netflix ordered the second season of "Orange Is the New Black" before the prison drama debuted on July 11. The show generated more viewers in its first week than Netflix's other successful original series, "House of Cards" and "Arrested Development".
Production for the second season is currently underway in New York for a 2014 premiere.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video