Vin Diesel Set to Star and Produce Action Flick 'Soldiers of the Sun'
Vin Diesel is up for another action movie. The Hollywood Reporter learns that the "Babylon A.D." star has been tapped to star and produce Universal Pictures' "Soldiers of the Sun", which is expected to be the starter of another ensemble-type franchise for Diesel after "Fast and Furious" film series.
Universal picks up the spec script written by "Grace of Monaco" scribe Arash Amel. Set in a post-apocalyptic future, the story centers on "a squad of soldiers that searches for a fabled city of gold while on a tour of duty in Mexico liberating it from an alien race known as Orcs." Diesel will produce alongside Samantha Vincent and Lorenzo di Bonaventura.
Jeff Kirschenbaum and Jay Polidoro are overseeing for the studio. The search for the director is currently underway. No start date has been set yet.
Diesel will soon focus on the production of James Wan's "Fast and Furious 7", in which he also serves as a producer. After that, he will head into the production of "The Last Witch Hunter" for Summit Entertainment.
The buffed actor is still in negotiations to join Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy", in which he is likely offered to be the voice of tree-man Groot. He will premiere "Riddick, the third installment in the series, on September 6.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?