Vin Diesel Set to Star and Produce Action Flick 'Soldiers of the Sun'
Vin Diesel is up for another action movie. The Hollywood Reporter learns that the "Babylon A.D." star has been tapped to star and produce Universal Pictures' "Soldiers of the Sun", which is expected to be the starter of another ensemble-type franchise for Diesel after "Fast and Furious" film series.
Universal picks up the spec script written by "Grace of Monaco" scribe Arash Amel. Set in a post-apocalyptic future, the story centers on "a squad of soldiers that searches for a fabled city of gold while on a tour of duty in Mexico liberating it from an alien race known as Orcs." Diesel will produce alongside Samantha Vincent and Lorenzo di Bonaventura.
Jeff Kirschenbaum and Jay Polidoro are overseeing for the studio. The search for the director is currently underway. No start date has been set yet.
Diesel will soon focus on the production of James Wan's "Fast and Furious 7", in which he also serves as a producer. After that, he will head into the production of "The Last Witch Hunter" for Summit Entertainment.
The buffed actor is still in negotiations to join Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy", in which he is likely offered to be the voice of tree-man Groot. He will premiere "Riddick, the third installment in the series, on September 6.
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family