Gia Allemand Dies of Apparent Suicide, 'The Bachelor' Stars React
Gia Allemand passed away on Wednesday, August 14, after being taken to hospital two days earlier due to "serious emergency medical event." She was 29. Gia, who took part in season 14 of "The Bachelor", died of critical loss of brain and organ function.
"Due to a critical loss of brain and organ function, life support was withdrawn today," read a statement from her representative. "Ms. Allemand passed away peacefully with her mother, boyfriend, and other lifelong friends by her side. As a practicing Christian, Gia did receive the sacrament of last rites."
"Loved ones and fans will remember Gia Allemand as a caring woman who loved her family and was well-known for her compassion towards animals and mission to rescue homeless pets. Funeral arrangements will be forthcoming in another official statement once available. On behalf of the family, we sincerely ask for privacy at this time," the statement continued.
"The Bachelor" alumni offered condolences via Twitter after learning of the sad news. "I had to pull over, I can't stop crying. We have lost an angel," Jake Pavelka wrote. "My prayers go out to @GiaAllemand's family during this time. Life on earth is but a vapor and she's with our Lord now," Sean Lowe added. Molly Mesnick, Desiree Hartsock and Trista Sutter wrote similar messages, while Ali Fedotowsky tweeted, "We lost an incredible human being today."
Gia's boyfriend NBA player Ryan Anderson found her unconscious in her New Orleans home on Monday night after an apparent suicide attempt. Reports suggested that the reality star hung herself. Ryan released a statement following Gia's passing to thank family, friends and fans for their support.
"I'm deeply grateful for all the love and support we have received from family, friends and fans. Gia was the most beautiful person I knew inside and out and she always smiled and made everyone else around her smile. She had such an amazing impact on my life and anyone that knew her was blessed. All I have left is to cherish those memories we made together and help perpetuate the many values, faith and love that we shared," he said.
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6