First Trailer for 'McCanick' Starring Cory Monteith in His Final Performance
Cory Monteith's second-to-last movie, "McCanick", has been added to this year's line-up of the 38th Toronto International Film Festival, and its exclusive first trailer for the Canadian event has made its way out online via Deadline. As seen in the video, Monteith, along with David Morse, is the lead in the Josh C. Waller-directed pic.
Monteith, who died of mixed-drug toxicity July 13 in Vancouver, plays drug addicted criminal Simon Weeks, whose release from prison triggers paranoia and violence in Morse's detective Eugene McCanick, who has a secret in his past only Weeks can expose. Penned by Daniel Noah, the film also stars Ciaran Hinds, Maura Tierney, Mike Vogel and more.
Director Waller reveals that Monteith was initially not the kind of guy he was looking for to play Simon Weeks. "In my mind, I was envisioning a teeny little drug guy [for the role], but Cory Monteith is this tall, strapping man," he said to L.A. Times.
As it turns out, the "Glee" star was able to change Waller's mind. "But when I met with him, he wanted to do it so badly," he recalled. "He was very vocal about his past, and said he wanted to tap into things from his youth that he hadn't been able to use as an actor yet."
Another final film of the Finn Hudson depicter, "All the Wrong Reasons", will also make its debut at TIFF.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding