First Trailer for 'McCanick' Starring Cory Monteith in His Final Performance
Cory Monteith's second-to-last movie, "McCanick", has been added to this year's line-up of the 38th Toronto International Film Festival, and its exclusive first trailer for the Canadian event has made its way out online via Deadline. As seen in the video, Monteith, along with David Morse, is the lead in the Josh C. Waller-directed pic.
Monteith, who died of mixed-drug toxicity July 13 in Vancouver, plays drug addicted criminal Simon Weeks, whose release from prison triggers paranoia and violence in Morse's detective Eugene McCanick, who has a secret in his past only Weeks can expose. Penned by Daniel Noah, the film also stars Ciaran Hinds, Maura Tierney, Mike Vogel and more.
Director Waller reveals that Monteith was initially not the kind of guy he was looking for to play Simon Weeks. "In my mind, I was envisioning a teeny little drug guy [for the role], but Cory Monteith is this tall, strapping man," he said to L.A. Times.
As it turns out, the "Glee" star was able to change Waller's mind. "But when I met with him, he wanted to do it so badly," he recalled. "He was very vocal about his past, and said he wanted to tap into things from his youth that he hadn't been able to use as an actor yet."
Another final film of the Finn Hudson depicter, "All the Wrong Reasons", will also make its debut at TIFF.
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant