First Trailer for 'McCanick' Starring Cory Monteith in His Final Performance
Cory Monteith's second-to-last movie, "McCanick", has been added to this year's line-up of the 38th Toronto International Film Festival, and its exclusive first trailer for the Canadian event has made its way out online via Deadline. As seen in the video, Monteith, along with David Morse, is the lead in the Josh C. Waller-directed pic.
Monteith, who died of mixed-drug toxicity July 13 in Vancouver, plays drug addicted criminal Simon Weeks, whose release from prison triggers paranoia and violence in Morse's detective Eugene McCanick, who has a secret in his past only Weeks can expose. Penned by Daniel Noah, the film also stars Ciaran Hinds, Maura Tierney, Mike Vogel and more.
Director Waller reveals that Monteith was initially not the kind of guy he was looking for to play Simon Weeks. "In my mind, I was envisioning a teeny little drug guy [for the role], but Cory Monteith is this tall, strapping man," he said to L.A. Times.
As it turns out, the "Glee" star was able to change Waller's mind. "But when I met with him, he wanted to do it so badly," he recalled. "He was very vocal about his past, and said he wanted to tap into things from his youth that he hadn't been able to use as an actor yet."
Another final film of the Finn Hudson depicter, "All the Wrong Reasons", will also make its debut at TIFF.
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'