'Duck Dynasty' Stars Sign Up for More Seasons After Getting Salary Raise
On the heels of its season 4 premiere, "Duck Dynasty" may have secured new season order. According to Deadline, the cast members of the A&E hit reality series have signed a new deal that includes additional seasons for the show as well as series/cast options.
Under the deal, the Robertson family reportedly also gets major salary bumps. They are said to earn more than $200,000 an episode, shared by nine adults and 11 kids on the show. It's four times more than what the stars previously made.
The cast members previously delayed the series return as they had been negotiating with A&E and series producer Gurney Productions since early 2013. They eventually agreed to produce the new season while the talks continued. Neither of the parties involved comments on the news.
"Duck Dynasty" premiered in March 2012 and chronicles the lives of the Robertsons, who became wealthy from selling products for duck hunters, primarily the duck call named Duck Commander. The third season finale hit series high and broke records for A&E with 9.6 million viewers, even beating an "American Idol" episode in the 18-49 demographic.
The fourth season of "Duck Dynasty" debuts Wednesday, August 14.
Riding high on the show's success, one of the show's stars may jump into politics. Words are, Willie Robertson has been eyed by Republicans as a potential House candidate. "My boys want to run Willie Robertson for the seat," an outside adviser to House GOP leadership told The Washington Examiner, but Robertson himself has not said whether or not he will run for Congress.
More Duck Dynasty News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie