'Duck Dynasty' Stars Sign Up for More Seasons After Getting Salary Raise
On the heels of its season 4 premiere, "Duck Dynasty" may have secured new season order. According to Deadline, the cast members of the A&E hit reality series have signed a new deal that includes additional seasons for the show as well as series/cast options.
Under the deal, the Robertson family reportedly also gets major salary bumps. They are said to earn more than $200,000 an episode, shared by nine adults and 11 kids on the show. It's four times more than what the stars previously made.
The cast members previously delayed the series return as they had been negotiating with A&E and series producer Gurney Productions since early 2013. They eventually agreed to produce the new season while the talks continued. Neither of the parties involved comments on the news.
"Duck Dynasty" premiered in March 2012 and chronicles the lives of the Robertsons, who became wealthy from selling products for duck hunters, primarily the duck call named Duck Commander. The third season finale hit series high and broke records for A&E with 9.6 million viewers, even beating an "American Idol" episode in the 18-49 demographic.
The fourth season of "Duck Dynasty" debuts Wednesday, August 14.
Riding high on the show's success, one of the show's stars may jump into politics. Words are, Willie Robertson has been eyed by Republicans as a potential House candidate. "My boys want to run Willie Robertson for the seat," an outside adviser to House GOP leadership told The Washington Examiner, but Robertson himself has not said whether or not he will run for Congress.
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo