George Lucas and Wife Welcome Daughter Everest Hobson Lucas
George Lucas and his wife Mellody Hobson have welcomed their first child together. According to Huffington Post, the couple's baby daughter was born on Friday, August 9, via surrogate. The baby girl is named Everest Hobson Lucas.
Baby Everest is the first biological child for both Hobson and Lucas. The little girl joins Lucas' adopted children, 32-year-old Amanda, 25-year-old Katie and 20-year-old Jett.
The "Star Wars" creator and the president of Chicago-based Ariel Investments tied the knot in June at Skywalker Ranch in Marin County, California, after seven years of dating. A spokesperson for Lucas said that the director's son Jett served as the best man while his daughters served as the bridesmaids. Journalist Bill Moyers officiated the wedding.
"Let's give a Galactic shout out to Master George Lucas & his Bride Melodie on This their WEDDING DAY!! Congrats!!!!!!" Samuel L. Jackson congratulated the pair on their wedding in a Twitter post. "Cinderella Man" director Ron Howard tweeted, "George Lucas Melody Hobson wedding was joy to behold Bill Moyers service was beautiful, nothing short of profound. Congrats Mr&Mrs Lucas."
Hobson once told Oprah Winfrey the key of her successful relationship with the movie director. "I think it works because we are extraordinarily open-minded people and we're open to what the universe brings us. I think we didn't have preconceived ideas about what a partnership should be and so we allowed ourselves to discover something that was unexpected," the Dreamworks animation chairman said.
- Will Smith Deals With Mythical Creatures in 'Bright' First Teaser
- Ryan Gosling, Felicity Jones, Emma Stone and More Read Oscars Edition of 'Mean Tweets'
- John Legend Performs 'La La Land' Soundtracks Perfectly at Oscars
- Ariana Grande Gets People Making Out in Public in 'Everyday' Music Video Ft. Future
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- Pregnant Cheryl Moves In With Beau Liam Payne as They Prepare for Baby's Arrival
- Kylie Jenner Is Rushing to Get Married to Tyga
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion