George Lucas and Wife Welcome Daughter Everest Hobson Lucas
George Lucas and his wife Mellody Hobson have welcomed their first child together. According to Huffington Post, the couple's baby daughter was born on Friday, August 9, via surrogate. The baby girl is named Everest Hobson Lucas.
Baby Everest is the first biological child for both Hobson and Lucas. The little girl joins Lucas' adopted children, 32-year-old Amanda, 25-year-old Katie and 20-year-old Jett.
The "Star Wars" creator and the president of Chicago-based Ariel Investments tied the knot in June at Skywalker Ranch in Marin County, California, after seven years of dating. A spokesperson for Lucas said that the director's son Jett served as the best man while his daughters served as the bridesmaids. Journalist Bill Moyers officiated the wedding.
"Let's give a Galactic shout out to Master George Lucas & his Bride Melodie on This their WEDDING DAY!! Congrats!!!!!!" Samuel L. Jackson congratulated the pair on their wedding in a Twitter post. "Cinderella Man" director Ron Howard tweeted, "George Lucas Melody Hobson wedding was joy to behold Bill Moyers service was beautiful, nothing short of profound. Congrats Mr&Mrs Lucas."
Hobson once told Oprah Winfrey the key of her successful relationship with the movie director. "I think it works because we are extraordinarily open-minded people and we're open to what the universe brings us. I think we didn't have preconceived ideas about what a partnership should be and so we allowed ourselves to discover something that was unexpected," the Dreamworks animation chairman said.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance