Katherine Heigl Plans TV Return With CIA Drama
Katherine Heigl is plotting her way back to TV. Deadline reports that the actress is set to star on a new CIA drama which has been shopped aroud and has gained interest from some networks.
If the news is indeed true, Heigl who is best known for her role as Isobel "Izzie" Stevens on "Grey's Anatomy" will be seen playing an adviser/communications liaison for the U.S. president on the procedural show, which centers on how the CIA handles hotspots around the globe.
"The Following" executive producer Alexi Hawley pens the potential new series. Heigl has reportedly been developing the project with Hawley, Robert Simonds and a team of former senior CIA officials.
Since leaving ABC's medical drama "Grey's Anatomy" which helped her earn an Emmy Award, Heigl has appeared in a number of big-screen movies, such as "Killers", "Life as We Know It", "New Year's Eve" and most recently "The Big Wedding".
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?