Katherine Heigl Plans TV Return With CIA Drama
Katherine Heigl is plotting her way back to TV. Deadline reports that the actress is set to star on a new CIA drama which has been shopped aroud and has gained interest from some networks.
If the news is indeed true, Heigl who is best known for her role as Isobel "Izzie" Stevens on "Grey's Anatomy" will be seen playing an adviser/communications liaison for the U.S. president on the procedural show, which centers on how the CIA handles hotspots around the globe.
"The Following" executive producer Alexi Hawley pens the potential new series. Heigl has reportedly been developing the project with Hawley, Robert Simonds and a team of former senior CIA officials.
Since leaving ABC's medical drama "Grey's Anatomy" which helped her earn an Emmy Award, Heigl has appeared in a number of big-screen movies, such as "Killers", "Life as We Know It", "New Year's Eve" and most recently "The Big Wedding".
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song