Katherine Heigl Plans TV Return With CIA Drama
Katherine Heigl is plotting her way back to TV. Deadline reports that the actress is set to star on a new CIA drama which has been shopped aroud and has gained interest from some networks.
If the news is indeed true, Heigl who is best known for her role as Isobel "Izzie" Stevens on "Grey's Anatomy" will be seen playing an adviser/communications liaison for the U.S. president on the procedural show, which centers on how the CIA handles hotspots around the globe.
"The Following" executive producer Alexi Hawley pens the potential new series. Heigl has reportedly been developing the project with Hawley, Robert Simonds and a team of former senior CIA officials.
Since leaving ABC's medical drama "Grey's Anatomy" which helped her earn an Emmy Award, Heigl has appeared in a number of big-screen movies, such as "Killers", "Life as We Know It", "New Year's Eve" and most recently "The Big Wedding".
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event