Katherine Heigl Plans TV Return With CIA Drama
Katherine Heigl is plotting her way back to TV. Deadline reports that the actress is set to star on a new CIA drama which has been shopped aroud and has gained interest from some networks.
If the news is indeed true, Heigl who is best known for her role as Isobel "Izzie" Stevens on "Grey's Anatomy" will be seen playing an adviser/communications liaison for the U.S. president on the procedural show, which centers on how the CIA handles hotspots around the globe.
"The Following" executive producer Alexi Hawley pens the potential new series. Heigl has reportedly been developing the project with Hawley, Robert Simonds and a team of former senior CIA officials.
Since leaving ABC's medical drama "Grey's Anatomy" which helped her earn an Emmy Award, Heigl has appeared in a number of big-screen movies, such as "Killers", "Life as We Know It", "New Year's Eve" and most recently "The Big Wedding".
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers