Katherine Heigl Plans TV Return With CIA Drama
Katherine Heigl is plotting her way back to TV. Deadline reports that the actress is set to star on a new CIA drama which has been shopped aroud and has gained interest from some networks.
If the news is indeed true, Heigl who is best known for her role as Isobel "Izzie" Stevens on "Grey's Anatomy" will be seen playing an adviser/communications liaison for the U.S. president on the procedural show, which centers on how the CIA handles hotspots around the globe.
"The Following" executive producer Alexi Hawley pens the potential new series. Heigl has reportedly been developing the project with Hawley, Robert Simonds and a team of former senior CIA officials.
Since leaving ABC's medical drama "Grey's Anatomy" which helped her earn an Emmy Award, Heigl has appeared in a number of big-screen movies, such as "Killers", "Life as We Know It", "New Year's Eve" and most recently "The Big Wedding".
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'