Mel Gibson and Antonio Banderas Set for 'The Expendables 3'
New additions to the cast ensemble of "The Expendables 3" are revealed. Sylvester Stallone now confirms to Entertainment Weekly that Mel Gibson, who has long been rumored to join the action-heavy pic, is indeed signed on, with a coveted role as the bad guy entrusted to the "Braveheart" actor.
Besides Gibson, Sly announces that another new face introduced in the third installment is "The Mask of Zorro" star Antonio Banderas. The role for the three-time Golden Globe-nominated actor, who is also known for voicing Puss in Boots in "Shrek" films, is still unknown as of now.
The news comes days after Stallone axed Bruce Willis, who reportedly demanded $4 million for four days of consecutive work on location in Bulgaria. To fill in for the "Red 2" actor, Sly has cast "Indiana Jones" star Harrison Ford.
"I think [Willis] was pretty surprised he was replaced in 72 hours by Harrison Ford - a better actor, a much nicer person and a more interesting direction for the film," a source close to the production told The Hollywood Reporter.
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham and Mickey Rourke will reprise their roles. UFC champion Ronda Rousey and Kellan Lutz are on board for supporting roles.
The movie will be directed by Patrick Hughes, with Avi Lerner serving as producer. Lionsgate has set it for August 15, 2014 release.
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head