Mel Gibson and Antonio Banderas Set for 'The Expendables 3'
New additions to the cast ensemble of "The Expendables 3" are revealed. Sylvester Stallone now confirms to Entertainment Weekly that Mel Gibson, who has long been rumored to join the action-heavy pic, is indeed signed on, with a coveted role as the bad guy entrusted to the "Braveheart" actor.
Besides Gibson, Sly announces that another new face introduced in the third installment is "The Mask of Zorro" star Antonio Banderas. The role for the three-time Golden Globe-nominated actor, who is also known for voicing Puss in Boots in "Shrek" films, is still unknown as of now.
The news comes days after Stallone axed Bruce Willis, who reportedly demanded $4 million for four days of consecutive work on location in Bulgaria. To fill in for the "Red 2" actor, Sly has cast "Indiana Jones" star Harrison Ford.
"I think [Willis] was pretty surprised he was replaced in 72 hours by Harrison Ford - a better actor, a much nicer person and a more interesting direction for the film," a source close to the production told The Hollywood Reporter.
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham and Mickey Rourke will reprise their roles. UFC champion Ronda Rousey and Kellan Lutz are on board for supporting roles.
The movie will be directed by Patrick Hughes, with Avi Lerner serving as producer. Lionsgate has set it for August 15, 2014 release.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart