Mel Gibson and Antonio Banderas Set for 'The Expendables 3'
New additions to the cast ensemble of "The Expendables 3" are revealed. Sylvester Stallone now confirms to Entertainment Weekly that Mel Gibson, who has long been rumored to join the action-heavy pic, is indeed signed on, with a coveted role as the bad guy entrusted to the "Braveheart" actor.
Besides Gibson, Sly announces that another new face introduced in the third installment is "The Mask of Zorro" star Antonio Banderas. The role for the three-time Golden Globe-nominated actor, who is also known for voicing Puss in Boots in "Shrek" films, is still unknown as of now.
The news comes days after Stallone axed Bruce Willis, who reportedly demanded $4 million for four days of consecutive work on location in Bulgaria. To fill in for the "Red 2" actor, Sly has cast "Indiana Jones" star Harrison Ford.
"I think [Willis] was pretty surprised he was replaced in 72 hours by Harrison Ford - a better actor, a much nicer person and a more interesting direction for the film," a source close to the production told The Hollywood Reporter.
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham and Mickey Rourke will reprise their roles. UFC champion Ronda Rousey and Kellan Lutz are on board for supporting roles.
The movie will be directed by Patrick Hughes, with Avi Lerner serving as producer. Lionsgate has set it for August 15, 2014 release.
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen