Two 'Paranormal Activity' Movies Slated for 2014 Release
"Paranormal Activity" will frighten moviegoers twice in 2014. According to Exhibitor Relations, Paramount Pictures will first unleash the Latino-centered spin-off, entitled "Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones", setting it for a January 3, 2014 release. Meanwhile, the next installment in the series, "Paranormal Activity 5", will debut in time for next year's Halloween on October 24, 2014.
The spin-off has already shaped up with the arrival of Christopher Landon as its director and scribe. The latter reportedly will have a storyline rooted in a Catholic-based investigation into the supernatural. Richard Cabral, Carlos Pratts, Eddie J. Fernandez, Jorge Diaz and more have been signed on to star.
Meanwhile, it is not yet revealed who will serve behind the lens for the fifth chapter. According to The Wrap, Greg Plotkin, who edited the last three "Paranormal" films, might nab the directing gig.
The latest installment, "Paranormal Activity 4", was released on October 18, 2012, with Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman returning to serve behind the lens after giving their service in the previous film, which serves as a prequel. However, compared to its two predecessors, "PA 4" was less successful on box office. It grossed $140 million worldwide.
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera