Two 'Paranormal Activity' Movies Slated for 2014 Release
"Paranormal Activity" will frighten moviegoers twice in 2014. According to Exhibitor Relations, Paramount Pictures will first unleash the Latino-centered spin-off, entitled "Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones", setting it for a January 3, 2014 release. Meanwhile, the next installment in the series, "Paranormal Activity 5", will debut in time for next year's Halloween on October 24, 2014.
The spin-off has already shaped up with the arrival of Christopher Landon as its director and scribe. The latter reportedly will have a storyline rooted in a Catholic-based investigation into the supernatural. Richard Cabral, Carlos Pratts, Eddie J. Fernandez, Jorge Diaz and more have been signed on to star.
Meanwhile, it is not yet revealed who will serve behind the lens for the fifth chapter. According to The Wrap, Greg Plotkin, who edited the last three "Paranormal" films, might nab the directing gig.
The latest installment, "Paranormal Activity 4", was released on October 18, 2012, with Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman returning to serve behind the lens after giving their service in the previous film, which serves as a prequel. However, compared to its two predecessors, "PA 4" was less successful on box office. It grossed $140 million worldwide.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift