Robin Thicke Lands First No. 1 Album on Hot 200 With 'Blurred Lines'
It took him more than ten years to get it, but now Robin Thicke can finally say he has reached the top of the Billboard Hot 200 chart. After his track of the same title consistently topped the Hot 100 singles chart, it's now the R 'n' B artist's "Blurred Lines album's turn to reign the albums chart, selling 177,000 copies in its first week, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Thicke's "Blurred Lines" leads the five debuts this week on the albums chart, with rock band Five Finger Death Punch claiming the runner-up spot with "The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell Volume 1", which moved 112,000 copies. It bumps last week's No. 2 album, Jay-Z's platinum-selling "Magna Carta... Holy Grail" which sells an additional 62,000 copies (down 20%), to the third spot.
Two more new arrivals fill in the next two slots, with Tech N9ne's "Something Else" taking the No. 4 spot with 58,000 in sales and Backstreet Boys' comeback album "In a World Like This" occupying the No. 5 position with 48,000. Tumbling three places down to No. 6 is the "Teen Beach Movie" TV movie soundtrack, moving another 47,000 copies this week to increase its three-week release total to 129,000.
The fifth and final debut this week in the charts, "The X Factor (US)" alum Emblem3's "Nothing to Lose", settles in at No. 7 with 46,000, followed by Selena Gomez's "Stars Dance" which takes a dive from last week's top spot, a whopping 68% decline in record sales with only 31,000 copies sold after an impressive debut. "Kidz Bop 24" slips down five places from No. 4 to No. 9 as their total this week declined by 27% with 28,000, while posting just a little less than that figure is Florida Georgia Line's "Here's to the Good which rounds up the top ten this week.
- Robin Thicke - "Blurred Lines" (177,000)
- Five Finger Death Punch - "The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell Volume 1" (112,000)
- Jay-Z - "Magna Carta... Holy Grail" (62,000)
- Tech N9ne - "Something Else" (58,000)
- Backstreet Boys -"In a World Like This" (48,000)
- Various artists - "Teen Beach Movie" soundtrack (47,000)
- Emblem3 - "Nothing to Lose" (46,000)
- Selena Gomez - "Stars Dance" (31,000)
- Various artists - "Kidz Bop 24" (28,000)
- Florida Georgia Line - "Here's to the Good Times" (28,000)
More Robin Thicke News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation