First Trailer for Spike Jonze's 'Her': 'I Wish I Could Touch You'
First trailer for "Her", a romantic comedy from director/writer Spike Jonze, has stormed the web. As seen in the video, the movie stars "Walk the Line" actor Joaquin Phoenix as a lonely writer who has got big crush on his newly-developed operating system, "Samantha", voiced by "The Avengers" actress Scarlett Johansson.
Though the focus is certainly on the seemingly antisocial man's relationship with the digital entity, it does not mean that Phoenix is the only actor physically featured in the movie. Through the video, it is revealed that Olivia Wilde, Rooney Mara and Amy Adams also support the film which Warner Bros. will release on November 20 in the U.S.
"Her" is set in Los Angeles, slightly in the future, centering on Theodore Twombly, a complex, soulful man who makes his living writing touching, personal letters for other people. Heartbroken after the end of a long relationship, he becomes intrigued with a new, advanced operating system, which promises to be an intuitive entity in its own right, individual to each user.
Upon initiating it, he is delighted to meet "Samantha", a bright, female voice, who is insightful, sensitive and surprisingly funny. As her needs and desires grow, in tandem with his own, their friendship deepens into an eventual love for each other.
"Her" is the fourth feature film Jonze has made after 1999's "Being John Malkovich", 2002's "Adaptation" and 2009's "Where the Wild Things Are".
More Her News
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed