First Trailer for Spike Jonze's 'Her': 'I Wish I Could Touch You'
First trailer for "Her", a romantic comedy from director/writer Spike Jonze, has stormed the web. As seen in the video, the movie stars "Walk the Line" actor Joaquin Phoenix as a lonely writer who has got big crush on his newly-developed operating system, "Samantha", voiced by "The Avengers" actress Scarlett Johansson.
Though the focus is certainly on the seemingly antisocial man's relationship with the digital entity, it does not mean that Phoenix is the only actor physically featured in the movie. Through the video, it is revealed that Olivia Wilde, Rooney Mara and Amy Adams also support the film which Warner Bros. will release on November 20 in the U.S.
"Her" is set in Los Angeles, slightly in the future, centering on Theodore Twombly, a complex, soulful man who makes his living writing touching, personal letters for other people. Heartbroken after the end of a long relationship, he becomes intrigued with a new, advanced operating system, which promises to be an intuitive entity in its own right, individual to each user.
Upon initiating it, he is delighted to meet "Samantha", a bright, female voice, who is insightful, sensitive and surprisingly funny. As her needs and desires grow, in tandem with his own, their friendship deepens into an eventual love for each other.
"Her" is the fourth feature film Jonze has made after 1999's "Being John Malkovich", 2002's "Adaptation" and 2009's "Where the Wild Things Are".
More Her News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance