Report: Zack Snyder Approaches 'Watchmen' Star for Batman Role
Another actor is reportedly considered to be the new Bruce Wayne depicter in the sequel to "Man of Steel". This time, Think McFly Think reports that director Zack Snyder has sat down with his "Watchmen" star, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, to discuss the possibility of the 47-year-old actor starring as Batman in the hotly-anticipated crossover movie.
The casting news comes two days after The Hollywood Reporter unveiled shortlist of actors approached to portray the caped crusader. Among the said contenders are Josh Brolin, Joe Manganiello and Ryan Gosling. Latino Review even added that "Olympus Has Fallen" star Gerard Butler was in the mix as well.
Whoever wins the coveted role will share the same frame with Henry Cavill, who will reprise his role as Clark Kent a.k.a. Superman. Armie Hammer, who has been linked to the vacant role following Christian Bale's retirement as Batman, cites Cavill as one of reasons why he is not interested in tackling the role.
"I think if Henry and I did that film and then a superhero film straight after, people might start to wonder about us," Hammer said to Metro, referring to Guy Ritchie's "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." in which he stars opposite Cavill.
More Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer