Report: Amanda Righetti and Owain Yeoman to Leave 'The Mentalist'
Two main members of Lisbon's Serious Crime Unit will be leaving "The Mentalist". According to TVLine, the upcoming sixth season will be the last for Amanda Righetti and Owain Yeoman who play on/off couple Grace Van Pelt and Wayne Rigsby.
Series creator Bruno Heller would "neither confirm or deny" the rumor. He, however, did acknowledge that the CBS procedural series is heading into its "most dramatic and game changing season and anything can happen."
Grace and Wayne were back on together in the finale of the fifth season last May. Many suggest their impending departure has something to do with the unmasking of Red John that is promised to be revealed when the show returns later this year.
"They've always been in love with each other," Heller once told EW. "As we get closer to Red John, all of the team members will start thinking about their major life decisions. That applies to both Lisbon [Robin Tunney's character] and Grace. They haven't been able to look to their own feelings. As the show rolls on, those feelings will come to the fore."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones