Christopher McQuarrie Reteams With Tom Cruise in 'Mission: Impossible 5'
Another person has signed up for "Mission: Impossible V". After Tom Cruise has been secured to reprise his iconic role as Ethan Hunt in the upcoming chapter, Paramount Pictures now manages to get Cruise's frequent collaborator Christopher McQuarrie attached to the said production, which might be released in 2015.
The news comes straight from McQuarrie himself as he tweeted earlier today, "Mission: Accepted." Though it is still not clear whether he will serve as either writer or director or perhaps both, the man who wrote Johnny Depp's "The Tourist" might only nab the directing gig as no helmer was signed on prior to his inclusion to the project.
The upcoming installment marks the fourth time Cruise and McQuarrie team up. The two first joined forces in 2008's "Valkyrie", a World War II tale which was set in Germany. They were reunited in "Jack Reacher", which also starred Rosamund Pike. The latest one is Warner Bros.' sci-fi "Edge of Tomorrow", due out June 6, 2014 in the U.S.
Cruise, who is replaced by Henry Cavill in "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.", will produce "Mission: Impossible 5" alongside J.J. Abrams. Set to provide the screenplay is Drew Pearce, whose credits include Marvel's blockbuster "Iron Man 3".
More Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding