Christopher McQuarrie Reteams With Tom Cruise in 'Mission: Impossible 5'
Another person has signed up for "Mission: Impossible V". After Tom Cruise has been secured to reprise his iconic role as Ethan Hunt in the upcoming chapter, Paramount Pictures now manages to get Cruise's frequent collaborator Christopher McQuarrie attached to the said production, which might be released in 2015.
The news comes straight from McQuarrie himself as he tweeted earlier today, "Mission: Accepted." Though it is still not clear whether he will serve as either writer or director or perhaps both, the man who wrote Johnny Depp's "The Tourist" might only nab the directing gig as no helmer was signed on prior to his inclusion to the project.
The upcoming installment marks the fourth time Cruise and McQuarrie team up. The two first joined forces in 2008's "Valkyrie", a World War II tale which was set in Germany. They were reunited in "Jack Reacher", which also starred Rosamund Pike. The latest one is Warner Bros.' sci-fi "Edge of Tomorrow", due out June 6, 2014 in the U.S.
Cruise, who is replaced by Henry Cavill in "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.", will produce "Mission: Impossible 5" alongside J.J. Abrams. Set to provide the screenplay is Drew Pearce, whose credits include Marvel's blockbuster "Iron Man 3".
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective