Christopher McQuarrie Reteams With Tom Cruise in 'Mission: Impossible 5'
Another person has signed up for "Mission: Impossible V". After Tom Cruise has been secured to reprise his iconic role as Ethan Hunt in the upcoming chapter, Paramount Pictures now manages to get Cruise's frequent collaborator Christopher McQuarrie attached to the said production, which might be released in 2015.
The news comes straight from McQuarrie himself as he tweeted earlier today, "Mission: Accepted." Though it is still not clear whether he will serve as either writer or director or perhaps both, the man who wrote Johnny Depp's "The Tourist" might only nab the directing gig as no helmer was signed on prior to his inclusion to the project.
The upcoming installment marks the fourth time Cruise and McQuarrie team up. The two first joined forces in 2008's "Valkyrie", a World War II tale which was set in Germany. They were reunited in "Jack Reacher", which also starred Rosamund Pike. The latest one is Warner Bros.' sci-fi "Edge of Tomorrow", due out June 6, 2014 in the U.S.
Cruise, who is replaced by Henry Cavill in "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.", will produce "Mission: Impossible 5" alongside J.J. Abrams. Set to provide the screenplay is Drew Pearce, whose credits include Marvel's blockbuster "Iron Man 3".
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation