Terrence Howard Hits Back at Ex-Wife Over Assault Accusation
Terrence Howard denies his ex-wife's accusation that he beat her during their trip in Costa Rica last week. The Lt. Col. James "Rhodey" Rhodes of "Iron Man" told police that Michelle Ghent threatened to kill him and attacked him with pepper spray at that time.
According to a police report obtained by TMZ, Howard claimed that he and Ghent had "a normal married fight." However, it got worse as she threatened to kill him and his family. She also attacked him, his children and son-in-law with pepper spray. Howard said that he did not touch Ghent and only warned her to stop as he retreated.
The "Lee Daniels' The Butler" star reportedly will show Ghent's text messages to a judge during the case's hearing. The messages were sent to him in May. One of them read, "I would start hiding if I were u," while another message read, "Be careful when u leave your place. U should move." Ghent also wrote, "I know where u and ur family live. Watch yourself." She wrote again, "You need to be put down once and for all. I will not stop until all knows who u are."
In the document, the actor also said that his ex-wife tried to commit suicide two months ago. She was taken to a hospital and later diagnosed with paranoia. She allegedly wrote in a text message, "I'm just insane. I went to a crazy institute."
More Terrence Howard News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked