Miley Cyrus Hits Brooklyn Tunnel in MTV VMA Promo
Miley Cyrus hypes up the upcoming 2013 MTV Video Music Awards by appearing in a promo video for the event. The former Disney star shows her edgy side once again in the clip, going through a dark railway tunnel with her Smiler gang to get to the show while Beastie Boys' "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" blares in the background.
"I'm so thankful to my fans," Miley said of her devotees, who filmed the promo with her in the subway. "I'm obviously making the music and I come out here and like, 'work,' but it's really all on the fans. They're all about buying the record and who's out there making the video so viral and get to 100 million. So, really, I want to continue to shine the light on them a little bit. That's why it's important to show this army of Smilers."
Miley is nominated for Best Pop Video, Best Female Video and Best Editing at this year's VMAs and she realized it's her fans who would make it happen. "Winning, they get as excited as I do, I really think," she imagined her fans' reaction if she wins an award.
" 'Cause they're the ones who are making it happen, voting every day. So every day I just go to my Twitter feed and I see 'I just voted for Best Pop Video,' 'cause I see all my followers who have been voting, it's obviously so cool. That's why I wanted to represent them in this whole video and show kinda how they're a part of my crew," she shared.
The 2013 MTV VMAs will air on August 25 at 9 P.M. ET live from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Kanye West is tapped to perform for the seventh time, tying the record set by Madonna as the artist with the most VMA performances.
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'