Chris Brown Turns Himself in for Hit-and-Run Case
Could Chris Brown finally be growing up? After taking down his controversial home murals to avoid an impending fine by the L.A. Building Department of Safety, the R'n'B/hip-hop superstar now follows orders to turn himself in at a Van Nuys, California jail one day before the set deadline over an alleged hit-and-run offense he incurred back in May.
Brown arrived at 2 P.M. on Monday, August 5, a day ahead of schedule to avoid the media who were already tipped off regarding the August 6 deadline. He was booked and released on his own recognizance just 45 minutes later.
The police station visit was apparently a trade-off for him not being arrested on the scene when the road incident took place. The singer has pleaded not guilty to the hit-and-run charges and has since escaped two misdemeanor charges filed against him by the L.A. District Attorney's office, the driving without a valid license and proof of insurance offenses against him having been dismissed.
His next court date is set for August 15 to address the hit-and-run allegations. If he is found guilty, he could face up to four years in prison. He is also set to appear in a probation violation hearing, the probation he was sentenced to after being convicted for battery charges following an assault on his then girlfriend Rihanna back in 2009.
More Chris Brown News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3