Chris Brown Turns Himself in for Hit-and-Run Case
Could Chris Brown finally be growing up? After taking down his controversial home murals to avoid an impending fine by the L.A. Building Department of Safety, the R'n'B/hip-hop superstar now follows orders to turn himself in at a Van Nuys, California jail one day before the set deadline over an alleged hit-and-run offense he incurred back in May.
Brown arrived at 2 P.M. on Monday, August 5, a day ahead of schedule to avoid the media who were already tipped off regarding the August 6 deadline. He was booked and released on his own recognizance just 45 minutes later.
The police station visit was apparently a trade-off for him not being arrested on the scene when the road incident took place. The singer has pleaded not guilty to the hit-and-run charges and has since escaped two misdemeanor charges filed against him by the L.A. District Attorney's office, the driving without a valid license and proof of insurance offenses against him having been dismissed.
His next court date is set for August 15 to address the hit-and-run allegations. If he is found guilty, he could face up to four years in prison. He is also set to appear in a probation violation hearing, the probation he was sentenced to after being convicted for battery charges following an assault on his then girlfriend Rihanna back in 2009.
More Chris Brown News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris