ABC and Lucasfilm Discussing 'Star Wars' TV Show
As The Walt Disney Company resurrects the "Star Wars" franchise, a new TV show based on the sci-fi films' characters may be coming to small screen sooner or later. ABC, which is gearing up to debut "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." this fall, is apparently keen on making a new live-action series set in the "Star Wars" galaxy.
"I have an inkling in my mind," Paul Lee, president of ABC Entertainment Group, told TV critics in Beverly Hills on Sunday, August 4. "They have a lot on their plate when you look at the features that they're planning on rolling out for the next few years, but we've started conversations with them."
He added, "It would be nice to use other strong Disney IP besides 'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland' and besides 'S.H.I.E.L.D.'. I would love to go there. I'm a particularly fan of Lucasfilm. It's an amazing world."
Details of the project are scarce since nothing is set in stone about the potential new "Star Wars" series. Back in 2005, when George Lucas was still the head at Lucasfilm, there had been plans to develop a TV series set between the prequel trilogy and the original trilogy of "Star Wars". It was aimed to explore criminal and political power struggles in the aftermath of the fall of the Republic, but the show never came to fruition.
Meanwhile, a new feature film, "Star Wars Episode 7", has begun shaping up with "Star Trek" helmer J.J. Abrams on board to serve as director.
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX
- Watch Kardashians-Inspired Cat Reality Show 'Keeping Up With The Kattarshians'
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Are Moving to L.A.
- Sara Sampaio Flashes Her Nipple in Sheer Dress at Milan Fashion Week