ABC and Lucasfilm Discussing 'Star Wars' TV Show
As The Walt Disney Company resurrects the "Star Wars" franchise, a new TV show based on the sci-fi films' characters may be coming to small screen sooner or later. ABC, which is gearing up to debut "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." this fall, is apparently keen on making a new live-action series set in the "Star Wars" galaxy.
"I have an inkling in my mind," Paul Lee, president of ABC Entertainment Group, told TV critics in Beverly Hills on Sunday, August 4. "They have a lot on their plate when you look at the features that they're planning on rolling out for the next few years, but we've started conversations with them."
He added, "It would be nice to use other strong Disney IP besides 'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland' and besides 'S.H.I.E.L.D.'. I would love to go there. I'm a particularly fan of Lucasfilm. It's an amazing world."
Details of the project are scarce since nothing is set in stone about the potential new "Star Wars" series. Back in 2005, when George Lucas was still the head at Lucasfilm, there had been plans to develop a TV series set between the prequel trilogy and the original trilogy of "Star Wars". It was aimed to explore criminal and political power struggles in the aftermath of the fall of the Republic, but the show never came to fruition.
Meanwhile, a new feature film, "Star Wars Episode 7", has begun shaping up with "Star Trek" helmer J.J. Abrams on board to serve as director.
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off