Report: David Beckham to Star Opposite Colin Firth in 'Secret Service'
"The Secret Service" has not found its leading actress yet, but a recent report that has surfaced online claims that director Matthew Vaughn will probably find another new actor for his upcoming movie. The Sun (via Latinos Post) learns that David Beckham, the soccer star and occasional model, has been approached to make cameo in the spy flick.
"[Beckham] was asked by Colin Firth if he'd like to be in the movie but he is yet to fully commit," writes The Sun. The U.K.-based site then adds, "He loves movies and fancies appearing on the big screen - but just as a one-off, not a full-time career." Reps for the husband of fashion designer Victoria Adams have not made a response to the report.
While it is not clear what role Beckham is offered, it must be much more exciting if the father of four portrays a fictional character. The retired soccer player has always appeared as himself in a number of TV series, documentaries and movies. One of films in which the ex-Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder starred is "Goal II: Living the Dream".
Adapted from Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons' comic, "The Secret Service" previously cast Samuel L. Jackson as a villain. Playing the nephew whom Firth's character mentors to become a secret agent is newcomer Taron Egerton.
Vaughn is said to consider Emma Watson and Bella Heathcote of "Dark Shadows" to play the female lead.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign