D'Angelo Cancels Gigs Due to 'Medical Emergency'
D'Angelo has been forced to cancel a string of shows due to "medical emergency." "It's serious, but he should be OK," an agent for the 39-year-old R&B singer said as cited by Chicago Tribune. It is still unknown what D'Angelo is exactly suffering from.
The canceled shows will include his performance at Minneapolis' First Avenue on Tuesday, August 7. "Due to a medical emergency, D'Angelo is unable to perform tomorrow night at First Avenue," read a statement posted on First Ave website.
The statement continued, "He expresses his sincere regret due to this unfortunate circumstance. More information is forthcoming." Tickets for the show will be refunded.
He will also axe his scheduled appearances at Chicago's House of Blues on August 8 and San Diego's Humphrey's Concerts by the Bay on August 10.
Last week, the singer canceled shows in New York and Maryland for the undisclosed illness. He was even briefly hospitalized, according to a Facebook post from the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland.
More D'Angelo News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support