D'Angelo Cancels Gigs Due to 'Medical Emergency'
D'Angelo has been forced to cancel a string of shows due to "medical emergency." "It's serious, but he should be OK," an agent for the 39-year-old R&B singer said as cited by Chicago Tribune. It is still unknown what D'Angelo is exactly suffering from.
The canceled shows will include his performance at Minneapolis' First Avenue on Tuesday, August 7. "Due to a medical emergency, D'Angelo is unable to perform tomorrow night at First Avenue," read a statement posted on First Ave website.
The statement continued, "He expresses his sincere regret due to this unfortunate circumstance. More information is forthcoming." Tickets for the show will be refunded.
He will also axe his scheduled appearances at Chicago's House of Blues on August 8 and San Diego's Humphrey's Concerts by the Bay on August 10.
Last week, the singer canceled shows in New York and Maryland for the undisclosed illness. He was even briefly hospitalized, according to a Facebook post from the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences