D'Angelo Cancels Gigs Due to 'Medical Emergency'
D'Angelo has been forced to cancel a string of shows due to "medical emergency." "It's serious, but he should be OK," an agent for the 39-year-old R&B singer said as cited by Chicago Tribune. It is still unknown what D'Angelo is exactly suffering from.
The canceled shows will include his performance at Minneapolis' First Avenue on Tuesday, August 7. "Due to a medical emergency, D'Angelo is unable to perform tomorrow night at First Avenue," read a statement posted on First Ave website.
The statement continued, "He expresses his sincere regret due to this unfortunate circumstance. More information is forthcoming." Tickets for the show will be refunded.
He will also axe his scheduled appearances at Chicago's House of Blues on August 8 and San Diego's Humphrey's Concerts by the Bay on August 10.
Last week, the singer canceled shows in New York and Maryland for the undisclosed illness. He was even briefly hospitalized, according to a Facebook post from the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland.
More D'Angelo News
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory