'Anger Management' Casts Laura Bell Bundy as New Female Lead
The search for "Anger Management" new female lead is over. The FX show has found Charlie's new sex-study research partner in Tony Award-nominated actress Laura Bell Bundy, producers Lionsgate Television announce.
Bundy, best known for her roles on Broadway plays such as "Hairspray" and "Legally Blonde: The Musical", will portray Dr. Jordan Denby, a brilliant psychologist whose recent divorce, fondness for alcohol and wild mood swings turn Charlie's life into an emotional roller-coaster.
The role was initially envisioned as a recurring part but Bundy has been signed on as a series regular, replacing Selma Blair who departed the show in June. The 32-year-old country singer/songwriter will begin filming the Charlie Sheen-starring sitcom this week.
In addition to her stage gigs, Bundy has a recurring role as Shelby on "Hart of Dixie". She has also guest starred on "How I Met Your Mother" and "Malibu Country".
"Anger Management" has previously added Brian Austin Green as a new series regular. The "Beverly Hills, 90210" alum will reprise his role as Sean, the boyfriend of Charlie's ex-wife Jen (Shawnee Smith).
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding