'Anger Management' Casts Laura Bell Bundy as New Female Lead
The search for "Anger Management" new female lead is over. The FX show has found Charlie's new sex-study research partner in Tony Award-nominated actress Laura Bell Bundy, producers Lionsgate Television announce.
Bundy, best known for her roles on Broadway plays such as "Hairspray" and "Legally Blonde: The Musical", will portray Dr. Jordan Denby, a brilliant psychologist whose recent divorce, fondness for alcohol and wild mood swings turn Charlie's life into an emotional roller-coaster.
The role was initially envisioned as a recurring part but Bundy has been signed on as a series regular, replacing Selma Blair who departed the show in June. The 32-year-old country singer/songwriter will begin filming the Charlie Sheen-starring sitcom this week.
In addition to her stage gigs, Bundy has a recurring role as Shelby on "Hart of Dixie". She has also guest starred on "How I Met Your Mother" and "Malibu Country".
"Anger Management" has previously added Brian Austin Green as a new series regular. The "Beverly Hills, 90210" alum will reprise his role as Sean, the boyfriend of Charlie's ex-wife Jen (Shawnee Smith).
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana
- 'The Wolverine 3' Villains May Have Just Been Revealed
- Jennifer Aniston Mourning Her Mother Nancy Dow's Death
- Britney Spears Enlists G-Eazy for Her New Single 'Make Me'
- Gavin Rossdale Reportedly Hates Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's Relationship
- These Two 'Suicide Squad' Characters May Also Get Spin-Off Films