'Anger Management' Casts Laura Bell Bundy as New Female Lead
The search for "Anger Management" new female lead is over. The FX show has found Charlie's new sex-study research partner in Tony Award-nominated actress Laura Bell Bundy, producers Lionsgate Television announce.
Bundy, best known for her roles on Broadway plays such as "Hairspray" and "Legally Blonde: The Musical", will portray Dr. Jordan Denby, a brilliant psychologist whose recent divorce, fondness for alcohol and wild mood swings turn Charlie's life into an emotional roller-coaster.
The role was initially envisioned as a recurring part but Bundy has been signed on as a series regular, replacing Selma Blair who departed the show in June. The 32-year-old country singer/songwriter will begin filming the Charlie Sheen-starring sitcom this week.
In addition to her stage gigs, Bundy has a recurring role as Shelby on "Hart of Dixie". She has also guest starred on "How I Met Your Mother" and "Malibu Country".
"Anger Management" has previously added Brian Austin Green as a new series regular. The "Beverly Hills, 90210" alum will reprise his role as Sean, the boyfriend of Charlie's ex-wife Jen (Shawnee Smith).
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves