'Anger Management' Casts Laura Bell Bundy as New Female Lead
The search for "Anger Management" new female lead is over. The FX show has found Charlie's new sex-study research partner in Tony Award-nominated actress Laura Bell Bundy, producers Lionsgate Television announce.
Bundy, best known for her roles on Broadway plays such as "Hairspray" and "Legally Blonde: The Musical", will portray Dr. Jordan Denby, a brilliant psychologist whose recent divorce, fondness for alcohol and wild mood swings turn Charlie's life into an emotional roller-coaster.
The role was initially envisioned as a recurring part but Bundy has been signed on as a series regular, replacing Selma Blair who departed the show in June. The 32-year-old country singer/songwriter will begin filming the Charlie Sheen-starring sitcom this week.
In addition to her stage gigs, Bundy has a recurring role as Shelby on "Hart of Dixie". She has also guest starred on "How I Met Your Mother" and "Malibu Country".
"Anger Management" has previously added Brian Austin Green as a new series regular. The "Beverly Hills, 90210" alum will reprise his role as Sean, the boyfriend of Charlie's ex-wife Jen (Shawnee Smith).
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival