'Anger Management' Casts Laura Bell Bundy as New Female Lead
The search for "Anger Management" new female lead is over. The FX show has found Charlie's new sex-study research partner in Tony Award-nominated actress Laura Bell Bundy, producers Lionsgate Television announce.
Bundy, best known for her roles on Broadway plays such as "Hairspray" and "Legally Blonde: The Musical", will portray Dr. Jordan Denby, a brilliant psychologist whose recent divorce, fondness for alcohol and wild mood swings turn Charlie's life into an emotional roller-coaster.
The role was initially envisioned as a recurring part but Bundy has been signed on as a series regular, replacing Selma Blair who departed the show in June. The 32-year-old country singer/songwriter will begin filming the Charlie Sheen-starring sitcom this week.
In addition to her stage gigs, Bundy has a recurring role as Shelby on "Hart of Dixie". She has also guest starred on "How I Met Your Mother" and "Malibu Country".
"Anger Management" has previously added Brian Austin Green as a new series regular. The "Beverly Hills, 90210" alum will reprise his role as Sean, the boyfriend of Charlie's ex-wife Jen (Shawnee Smith).
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'