Jay-Z Spices Up Just Blaze and Baauer's 'Higher'
Fort Knox Entertainment CEO Just Blaze and Brooklyn DJ Baauer of "Harlem Shake" fame drop their "Higher" remix featuring no less than platinum-selling rapper Jay-Z. Although he doesn't drop a full verse in it, Jay-Z still manages to spice up the EDM track with his rap adlibs.
Hov makes his presence felt right away at the intro by taking a cue from diva wife Beyonce Knowles as he calls out, "You're now rocking with the best... B***hes, bow down." Then the beat, reminiscent of Baauer's global YouTube video-making dance craze tune "Harlem Shake", takes over.
With Jay-Z as a featured artist, "Higher" available on August 13 via the re-launched Priority Records makes for a fitting single to mark the re-birth of the production-oriented record label. Aside from the full audio, a short preview of the music video was also unveiled by the artists. It was directed by Nabil Elderkin, who had previously helmed Frank Ocean's "Pyramids" and a video for G.O.O.D Music track "Mercy".
The "Higher" remix marks a reunion of sorts for Just Blaze and Jay-Z, who last collaborated back in 2007 for the "American Gangster". Meanwhile, after winning Dance Song of the Year and EDM Song of the Year at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards for "Harlem Shake", Baauer is working on a new EP which will be released under LuckyMe Records this year.
Just Blaze & Baauer's "Higher" featuring Jay-Z:
Just Blaze & Baauer's "Higher" video teaser:
More Jay-Z News
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date