'Penguins of Madagascar' Adds Benedict Cumberbatch and John Malkovich
The Wrap learns that "The Penguins of Madagascar" has just cast two actors. According to a source who reveals the casting news to the site, Benedict Cumberbatch and John Malkovich have been signed on to lend their voice for the animated spin-off pic, which has been made into a Nickelodeon TV series, a comic book and a straight-to-DVD movie.
Cumberbatch, who recently starred as villain in "Star Trek Into Darkness", is said to voice "a high-ranking animal CIA agent hot on his trail." As for Malkovich, the "Johnny English" actor is reportedly tapped to be the voice actor of the "charming villain" in the upcoming animation from Simon J. Smith.
"Bee Movie" helmer Smith will be provided with a script by Michael Colton and John Aboud. Lara Breay is on board to serve as producer, while Mireille Soria, Tom McGrath and Eric Darnell will executive produce. The movie is slated to open on March 27, 2015.
Cumberbatch is currently in high demand. After gracing big screens with the latest "Star Trek" chapter, the British actor is committed to play in several hot projects including Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" and its follow-up, "The Hobbit: There and Back Again".
While Cumberbatch will next be seen as the WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, in "The Fifth Estate", Malkovich can now be seen in "Red 2". The latter is currently busy filming "Cut Bank".
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?