'Penguins of Madagascar' Adds Benedict Cumberbatch and John Malkovich
The Wrap learns that "The Penguins of Madagascar" has just cast two actors. According to a source who reveals the casting news to the site, Benedict Cumberbatch and John Malkovich have been signed on to lend their voice for the animated spin-off pic, which has been made into a Nickelodeon TV series, a comic book and a straight-to-DVD movie.
Cumberbatch, who recently starred as villain in "Star Trek Into Darkness", is said to voice "a high-ranking animal CIA agent hot on his trail." As for Malkovich, the "Johnny English" actor is reportedly tapped to be the voice actor of the "charming villain" in the upcoming animation from Simon J. Smith.
"Bee Movie" helmer Smith will be provided with a script by Michael Colton and John Aboud. Lara Breay is on board to serve as producer, while Mireille Soria, Tom McGrath and Eric Darnell will executive produce. The movie is slated to open on March 27, 2015.
Cumberbatch is currently in high demand. After gracing big screens with the latest "Star Trek" chapter, the British actor is committed to play in several hot projects including Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" and its follow-up, "The Hobbit: There and Back Again".
While Cumberbatch will next be seen as the WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, in "The Fifth Estate", Malkovich can now be seen in "Red 2". The latter is currently busy filming "Cut Bank".
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event