'Penguins of Madagascar' Adds Benedict Cumberbatch and John Malkovich
The Wrap learns that "The Penguins of Madagascar" has just cast two actors. According to a source who reveals the casting news to the site, Benedict Cumberbatch and John Malkovich have been signed on to lend their voice for the animated spin-off pic, which has been made into a Nickelodeon TV series, a comic book and a straight-to-DVD movie.
Cumberbatch, who recently starred as villain in "Star Trek Into Darkness", is said to voice "a high-ranking animal CIA agent hot on his trail." As for Malkovich, the "Johnny English" actor is reportedly tapped to be the voice actor of the "charming villain" in the upcoming animation from Simon J. Smith.
"Bee Movie" helmer Smith will be provided with a script by Michael Colton and John Aboud. Lara Breay is on board to serve as producer, while Mireille Soria, Tom McGrath and Eric Darnell will executive produce. The movie is slated to open on March 27, 2015.
Cumberbatch is currently in high demand. After gracing big screens with the latest "Star Trek" chapter, the British actor is committed to play in several hot projects including Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" and its follow-up, "The Hobbit: There and Back Again".
While Cumberbatch will next be seen as the WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, in "The Fifth Estate", Malkovich can now be seen in "Red 2". The latter is currently busy filming "Cut Bank".
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake