'The Bachelorette' Finale: Desiree Falls in Love Again After the Heartbreaking Exit
Will Desiree Hartsock have a happy ending in "The Bachelorette" season 9? Following Brooks Forester's dramatic exit in the penultimate episode, only two guys were left for Des to choose, Chris Siegfried and Drew Kenney.
The season finale took where the previous episode left off, with Des heartbroken and still emotional about Brooks' departure. She, however, managed to pull herself together to see her chance with Chris and Drew. Both guys accepted a rose from Des.
Des met up with Drew first but she didn't introduce him to her family because she wasn't feeling it with him. They enjoyed a horseback ride and a picnic on the beach before she told him that she didn't see their futures together. Des apologized to Drew but he told her not to. He was clearly heartbroken and confused, not having much to say except for "I don't know."
Des then spent some time with Chris, who told her that he loved her and would always be there for her. Des was confident in what they have and could see a future with him. After Chris showed her a journal with a poem in it, she decided to introduce him to her family.
Chris met Des' parents and brother Nate. Nate started throwing a lot of questions to Chris, making Des uncomfortable. Des' father then took Chris away for a walk, during which Chris asked Des' father for her hand in marriage. Des' father gave Chris permission to propose.
Speaking to her brother, Des said she's ready to spend the rest of her life with Chris. As for Brooks, she admitted she was hurt by his exit but had gotten over it.
When it's time to propose, Des wanted to say a few words first. She told Chris she was torn between Brooks and Chris and she was hurt by Brooks' exit, but finally realized that what she always needed was right in front of her. Chris got down on one knee to propose to her, and she said "a thousand times yes."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour