Katy Perry Releases Second 'Roar' Teaser
After setting fire to her signature blue wig "Baby Blue" in her first teaser clip for "Prism" lead single "Roar", Katy Perry does another shocking gesture showing she's more than willing to bid her old colorful and playful image goodbye. In teaser No. 2, the 28-year-old pop superstar pays her last respects to her "Teenage Dream" days as she gets ready to welcome her new post-"California Gurls" persona.
The visuals are quite obvious: a casket covered in candy-pink flowers and Perry's spinning peppermint corset in a funeral attended by mourners that include two lilac wig-wearing fans crying, with one even letting out a mild scream. As Perry comes into view, she moves her sunglasses down slightly to reveal a smug look.
"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, a new beginning is a must!" the "Firework" singer wrote on Twitter together with the link. With the teasers and the tweets, Perry is making it clear to her fans that it's now time to bid farewell to the old to usher in the new and expectedly-improved Katy Perry.
Although there has been no direct information disclosed as to what new sound fans will be getting from her on "Prism", it's safe to assume that from the dark and serious look that she had on both teasers, that Perry will take a 180 degree turn on her forthcoming new album. Everyone will get to hear a preview on August 12 when "Roar" makes its debut.
Katy Perry's "Roar" Teaser No. 2:
More Katy Perry News
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video and Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo