Katy Perry Releases Second 'Roar' Teaser
After setting fire to her signature blue wig "Baby Blue" in her first teaser clip for "Prism" lead single "Roar", Katy Perry does another shocking gesture showing she's more than willing to bid her old colorful and playful image goodbye. In teaser No. 2, the 28-year-old pop superstar pays her last respects to her "Teenage Dream" days as she gets ready to welcome her new post-"California Gurls" persona.
The visuals are quite obvious: a casket covered in candy-pink flowers and Perry's spinning peppermint corset in a funeral attended by mourners that include two lilac wig-wearing fans crying, with one even letting out a mild scream. As Perry comes into view, she moves her sunglasses down slightly to reveal a smug look.
"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, a new beginning is a must!" the "Firework" singer wrote on Twitter together with the link. With the teasers and the tweets, Perry is making it clear to her fans that it's now time to bid farewell to the old to usher in the new and expectedly-improved Katy Perry.
Although there has been no direct information disclosed as to what new sound fans will be getting from her on "Prism", it's safe to assume that from the dark and serious look that she had on both teasers, that Perry will take a 180 degree turn on her forthcoming new album. Everyone will get to hear a preview on August 12 when "Roar" makes its debut.
Katy Perry's "Roar" Teaser No. 2:
More Katy Perry News
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image