Katy Perry Releases Second 'Roar' Teaser
After setting fire to her signature blue wig "Baby Blue" in her first teaser clip for "Prism" lead single "Roar", Katy Perry does another shocking gesture showing she's more than willing to bid her old colorful and playful image goodbye. In teaser No. 2, the 28-year-old pop superstar pays her last respects to her "Teenage Dream" days as she gets ready to welcome her new post-"California Gurls" persona.
The visuals are quite obvious: a casket covered in candy-pink flowers and Perry's spinning peppermint corset in a funeral attended by mourners that include two lilac wig-wearing fans crying, with one even letting out a mild scream. As Perry comes into view, she moves her sunglasses down slightly to reveal a smug look.
"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, a new beginning is a must!" the "Firework" singer wrote on Twitter together with the link. With the teasers and the tweets, Perry is making it clear to her fans that it's now time to bid farewell to the old to usher in the new and expectedly-improved Katy Perry.
Although there has been no direct information disclosed as to what new sound fans will be getting from her on "Prism", it's safe to assume that from the dark and serious look that she had on both teasers, that Perry will take a 180 degree turn on her forthcoming new album. Everyone will get to hear a preview on August 12 when "Roar" makes its debut.
Katy Perry's "Roar" Teaser No. 2:
More Katy Perry News
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'