Mariah Carey Rocks Stylish Arm Sling at N.Y. Premiere of 'Lee Daniels' The Butler'
"Lee Daniels' The Butler" was premiered on Monday, August 5 in New York City, and several actors supporting the drama based on a true story of a White House servant were on hand for the promotional effort taking place at Ziegfeld Theater. Among them was Mariah Carey who sported a fashionable arm sling that matched her Tom Ford dress.
Before heading to the event, the "#Beautiful" singer, who stars as Hattie Pearl in the film from The Weinstein Company, tweeted, "On my way to see Lee Daniels at the press conference for The Butler," with an Instagram photo attached to the post. For the night, she was accompanied by her entertainer husband Nick Cannon who looked dapper in an all-black ensemble.
Leading man Forest Whitaker was also spotted hitting the carpet with his wife standing by his side. Oprah Winfrey brought her longtime partner Stedman Graham to the event. The special occasion got starrier with the presence of Minka Kelly, Lenny Kravitz, Liev Schreiber, Terrence Howard and Jane Fonda among others.
The historical pic, to be released on August 16 in the U.S., centers on Cecil Gaines who serves eight American presidents over three decades.
The film traces the dramatic changes felt by American society at that time, from the civil rights movement to Vietnam and beyond, and how those changes affect the man's life and family. Lee Daniels directs from a script provided by Danny Strong.
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover