Kanye West Set to Perform at VMAs for the Seventh Time
Kanye West is set to perform at this year's MTV Video Music Awards, which will be held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on August 25. The 36-year-old rapper will be performing "Black Skinhead", the lead single off his latest album "Yeezus".
Despite not being nominated for any awards, West will make history this year. His upcoming appearance will tie him with Madonna as the artist with the most VMA performances. Both artists have seven separate VMA performances.
West made his debut at VMAs in 2004, when he delivered a medley of "Jesus Walks", "All Falls Down" and "Through the Wire". He teamed up with Jamie Foxx for a live rendition of "Gold Digger" in the following year. He also performed at the same event in 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011.
Although he didn't perform in 2009, he surprised everyone when appearing onstage and intruding Taylor Swift's acceptance speech. Swift, who won an award for Best Female Video, was left dumbfounded when the rapper took her mic and told audience that Beyonce Knowles should have won the award.
This year, Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" is nominated for Best Female Video and Video of the Year. The 23-year-old country singer joked about the infamous incident on Twitter. "Two VMA nominations!! If you vote and get us one, I promise to keep a firmer grip on the mic this time :)," she wrote.
Lady GaGa is another performer to appear at VMAs. GaGa will perform "Applause", the first single from her highly-anticipated new album "ARTPOP".
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3