Starz Ends 'Magic City' After Two Seasons
Starz is going to turn the lights off for "Magic City". The premium cable network decides not to renew the drama series for a third season, after Starz head Chris Albrecht stated at the TCA last week that the fate of "Magic City" would be determined by the performance of its closing season two episodes.
" 'Magic City' will be concluding its two-season run on Starz with Friday's series finale. We are tremendously proud of the series and everyone involved. From the writers, to the cast and crew, it has been an incredible collaboration," Starz says in a statement.
"This was a story born from Mitch Glazer's singular vision of Miami, the Magic City of his childhood, and we are grateful to him for bringing it to life on Starz. The season's story arc will allow us to deliver a satisfying conclusion to the series, and we thank all the fans who checked in to the Miramar Playa."
"Magic City", starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan, was never a strong performer for Starz although critics heaped praises on it. The cable channel renewed the period drama for a second season before the series premiere, which it also did with Kelsey Grammer's "Boss" and most recently with Michael Bay's pirate drama "Black Sails".
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!