Starz Ends 'Magic City' After Two Seasons
Starz is going to turn the lights off for "Magic City". The premium cable network decides not to renew the drama series for a third season, after Starz head Chris Albrecht stated at the TCA last week that the fate of "Magic City" would be determined by the performance of its closing season two episodes.
" 'Magic City' will be concluding its two-season run on Starz with Friday's series finale. We are tremendously proud of the series and everyone involved. From the writers, to the cast and crew, it has been an incredible collaboration," Starz says in a statement.
"This was a story born from Mitch Glazer's singular vision of Miami, the Magic City of his childhood, and we are grateful to him for bringing it to life on Starz. The season's story arc will allow us to deliver a satisfying conclusion to the series, and we thank all the fans who checked in to the Miramar Playa."
"Magic City", starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan, was never a strong performer for Starz although critics heaped praises on it. The cable channel renewed the period drama for a second season before the series premiere, which it also did with Kelsey Grammer's "Boss" and most recently with Michael Bay's pirate drama "Black Sails".
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs