Starz Ends 'Magic City' After Two Seasons
Starz is going to turn the lights off for "Magic City". The premium cable network decides not to renew the drama series for a third season, after Starz head Chris Albrecht stated at the TCA last week that the fate of "Magic City" would be determined by the performance of its closing season two episodes.
" 'Magic City' will be concluding its two-season run on Starz with Friday's series finale. We are tremendously proud of the series and everyone involved. From the writers, to the cast and crew, it has been an incredible collaboration," Starz says in a statement.
"This was a story born from Mitch Glazer's singular vision of Miami, the Magic City of his childhood, and we are grateful to him for bringing it to life on Starz. The season's story arc will allow us to deliver a satisfying conclusion to the series, and we thank all the fans who checked in to the Miramar Playa."
"Magic City", starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan, was never a strong performer for Starz although critics heaped praises on it. The cable channel renewed the period drama for a second season before the series premiere, which it also did with Kelsey Grammer's "Boss" and most recently with Michael Bay's pirate drama "Black Sails".
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding