Starz Ends 'Magic City' After Two Seasons
Starz is going to turn the lights off for "Magic City". The premium cable network decides not to renew the drama series for a third season, after Starz head Chris Albrecht stated at the TCA last week that the fate of "Magic City" would be determined by the performance of its closing season two episodes.
" 'Magic City' will be concluding its two-season run on Starz with Friday's series finale. We are tremendously proud of the series and everyone involved. From the writers, to the cast and crew, it has been an incredible collaboration," Starz says in a statement.
"This was a story born from Mitch Glazer's singular vision of Miami, the Magic City of his childhood, and we are grateful to him for bringing it to life on Starz. The season's story arc will allow us to deliver a satisfying conclusion to the series, and we thank all the fans who checked in to the Miramar Playa."
"Magic City", starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan, was never a strong performer for Starz although critics heaped praises on it. The cable channel renewed the period drama for a second season before the series premiere, which it also did with Kelsey Grammer's "Boss" and most recently with Michael Bay's pirate drama "Black Sails".
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics