Lady GaGa Reacts to Russian Government After Prosecution Threat
Lady GaGa speaks out against Russian government after it was announced that she could be prosecuted over her gay campaign during a concert in the country last year. "Why didn't you arrest me when you had the chance, Russia?" she taunts. "Because you didn't want answer to the world?"
"Sending bravery to LGBTs in Russia. The rise in government abuse is archaic. Hosing teenagers with pepper spray? Beatings? Mother Russia?" she adds. "The Russian government is criminal. Oppression will be met with revolution. Russian LGBTs you are not alone. We will fight for your freedom."
Aside from landing in trouble with the Kremlin over her gay "propaganda," the Mother Monster is also accused of breaking the law for entering the country under incorrect paperwork. She allegedly failed to obtain an appropriate visa prior to her concert and travelled the country under tourist visa.
She is not the only performing artist who clashed with the Russian government. Fellow gay supporter Madonna is facing the similar trouble, while music band Bloodhound Gang is banned from the country after one of his members shoved its national flag down his pants in a concert.
More Lady GaGa News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame