Lady GaGa Reacts to Russian Government After Prosecution Threat
Lady GaGa speaks out against Russian government after it was announced that she could be prosecuted over her gay campaign during a concert in the country last year. "Why didn't you arrest me when you had the chance, Russia?" she taunts. "Because you didn't want answer to the world?"
"Sending bravery to LGBTs in Russia. The rise in government abuse is archaic. Hosing teenagers with pepper spray? Beatings? Mother Russia?" she adds. "The Russian government is criminal. Oppression will be met with revolution. Russian LGBTs you are not alone. We will fight for your freedom."
Aside from landing in trouble with the Kremlin over her gay "propaganda," the Mother Monster is also accused of breaking the law for entering the country under incorrect paperwork. She allegedly failed to obtain an appropriate visa prior to her concert and travelled the country under tourist visa.
She is not the only performing artist who clashed with the Russian government. Fellow gay supporter Madonna is facing the similar trouble, while music band Bloodhound Gang is banned from the country after one of his members shoved its national flag down his pants in a concert.
More Lady GaGa News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie