Lady GaGa Reacts to Russian Government After Prosecution Threat
Lady GaGa speaks out against Russian government after it was announced that she could be prosecuted over her gay campaign during a concert in the country last year. "Why didn't you arrest me when you had the chance, Russia?" she taunts. "Because you didn't want answer to the world?"
"Sending bravery to LGBTs in Russia. The rise in government abuse is archaic. Hosing teenagers with pepper spray? Beatings? Mother Russia?" she adds. "The Russian government is criminal. Oppression will be met with revolution. Russian LGBTs you are not alone. We will fight for your freedom."
Aside from landing in trouble with the Kremlin over her gay "propaganda," the Mother Monster is also accused of breaking the law for entering the country under incorrect paperwork. She allegedly failed to obtain an appropriate visa prior to her concert and travelled the country under tourist visa.
She is not the only performing artist who clashed with the Russian government. Fellow gay supporter Madonna is facing the similar trouble, while music band Bloodhound Gang is banned from the country after one of his members shoved its national flag down his pants in a concert.
More Lady GaGa News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert