50 Cent Pleads Not Guilty to Domestic Violence Charges
50 Cent showed up in court Monday, August 5 to attend a hearing for domestic violence charges he was slapped with following a heated argument with his baby mama. The rapper entered a not-guilty plea. He stayed quiet during the proceedings and let his lawyer speak for him.
Fiddy, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was ordered to stay away from his ex, Daphne Narvarez a.k.a. Daphne Joy. The protective order banned him from coming within 100 yards from the mother of his second child. The rap mogul, 38, was also demanded by a judge to turn in all his guns.
50 Cent was accused of kicking Daphne in her Toluca Lake, California house during an intense argument on June 23. "Allegedly when the female locked herself in her bedroom, Jackson kicked-open the bedroom door and kicked her, causing an injury," L.A. City Attorney said back then.
The altercation allegedly "started from an allegation of infidelity on her part." Fiddy left before cops arrived on the scene. According to police report, broken chandeliers, furniture, TV set and lamp were found all over. He reportedly had caused damages to $7,000 worth of property.
Fiddy was slapped with five criminal charges, including one count of misdemeanor domestic violence and four counts of misdemeanor vandalism. If convicted on all counts, he could be sentenced to up to five years in jail and face $46,000 in fines.
He is due back in court for a pretrial hearing on September 4.
More 50 Cent News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'