'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Will Reveal How Agent Coulson Is Alive
How Agent Coulson lives after being killed off in "The Avengers" is a big mystery that has been looming since ABC announced "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.". At the TCA summer press tour, executive producer Joss Whedon said the show would definitely address the much-asked question.
"We will be dealing with the issue, obviously...It will be drawn out over several episodes," Whedon promised. Executive producer Jeph Loeb, meanwhile, said there was never a time when they contemplated about doing "S.H.I.E.L.D." without Clark Gregg's Coulson. "There was never going to be a show called Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. without Clark," he insisted.
Speaking of the show's premiere which will be followed by the premiere of Marvel's movies "Thor: The Dark World" and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", Whedon stressed, "The important thing is it's a fun opportunity, but it's not...It's not an easter egg hunt. We don't want to be an Easter egg farm. We want people to come back for these people. This show needs to work for people who haven't seen the movies."
Whedon additionally teased about something special or new in every episode. "There'll be a challenge every week," he said, adding that instead of new hero, "It could be a device, a mystery." Gregg chimed in, "After the pilot, I figured the next episode would be us stuck in an elevator because they spent all their money. But the second [episode] is bigger, more exciting."
"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is set to premiere Tuesday, September 24 at 8 P.M. on ABC. Joining the cast as the agents are Brett Dalton, Ming-Na Wen, Elizabeth Henstridge and Chloe Bennet.
More Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. News
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge