'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Will Reveal How Agent Coulson Is Alive
How Agent Coulson lives after being killed off in "The Avengers" is a big mystery that has been looming since ABC announced "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.". At the TCA summer press tour, executive producer Joss Whedon said the show would definitely address the much-asked question.
"We will be dealing with the issue, obviously...It will be drawn out over several episodes," Whedon promised. Executive producer Jeph Loeb, meanwhile, said there was never a time when they contemplated about doing "S.H.I.E.L.D." without Clark Gregg's Coulson. "There was never going to be a show called Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. without Clark," he insisted.
Speaking of the show's premiere which will be followed by the premiere of Marvel's movies "Thor: The Dark World" and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", Whedon stressed, "The important thing is it's a fun opportunity, but it's not...It's not an easter egg hunt. We don't want to be an Easter egg farm. We want people to come back for these people. This show needs to work for people who haven't seen the movies."
Whedon additionally teased about something special or new in every episode. "There'll be a challenge every week," he said, adding that instead of new hero, "It could be a device, a mystery." Gregg chimed in, "After the pilot, I figured the next episode would be us stuck in an elevator because they spent all their money. But the second [episode] is bigger, more exciting."
"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is set to premiere Tuesday, September 24 at 8 P.M. on ABC. Joining the cast as the agents are Brett Dalton, Ming-Na Wen, Elizabeth Henstridge and Chloe Bennet.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic