Karl Urban Explains Why He Would Never Do a 'Star Wars' Movie
Karl Urban may be a fan of the "Star Wars" film franchise but in a new interview with IGN, the New Zealand actor revealed why he would never want to be cast in "Star Wars Episode 7" intended for a 2015 summer release. This is despite the fact that J.J. Abrams, whose Bad Robot Productions will be producing his new FOX series "Almost Human", will direct it.
"No, absolutely not," answered Urban rather straightforwardly when asked if he ever considered to be cast in the next "Star Wars" movie given his close association with Abrams. The 41-year-old actor was quick to explain why he would not want to star in it, but not before he would first reveal how much of a downright "Star Wars" fanatic he was.
"I grew up watching it. That was the Holy Grail for me," said Urban, "I remember waiting for two/three years for that next installment, for 'Empire Strikes Back' and 'Return of the Jedi'. I've seen every single 'Star Wars' film, even the animated, 'The Clone Wars', and all that sort of stuff. I just love that universe."
"That being said, I have no desire to be part of it. I don't see the worlds of 'Star Trek' and Star Wars joining," said the acclaimed actor, who played Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy in "Star Trek" and "Star Trek Into Darkness". "I've made a commitment to 'Star Trek' and I'm going to keep it. It wouldn't feel right to me. Being in 'Star Trek', to suddenly be in 'Star Wars' wouldn't feel right to me."
If he doesn't get to work with Abrams in his new Star Wars film, Urban openly expressed how much he'd want for him to take the helm at the next "Star Trek" flick. The "Dredd" star is hoping for an original story for "Star Trek 3", "something different than a revenge-based picture."
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics