Artist of the Week: Avicii
Swedish DJ Tim Bergling a.k.a. Avicii reached international success with his 2011's single, "Levels". He has returned with another hit, "Wake Me Up", that gives him the similar success as it is currently topping several charts across the world.
Avicii worked with Aloe Blacc in the track, which interestingly has a taste of country in it. "When I was with Mike Einziger from Incubus, we came up with the chord progression and the melody for 'Wake Me Up' but no real lyrics," Avicii recently said of how he ended up working with Blacc.
"None of us sing and we really needed to get that demo down and the only person I knew that lived in LA was Aloe, so I called him and he was free," he continued.
Avicii chose the right guy. He was impressed by the fact that Blacc added lyrics to his masterpiece in hours. "Lyrics come really easy to him so he wrote them in a couple of hours and we finished the track," Avicii added.
The 23-year-old artist is currently gearing up to release his debut album, "True". When asked what to expect from his upcoming album, which comes out on September 17, he said, "It's really hard to say what you can expect from 'True'."
"Every track is different, it's kind of like a mixture between other genres and a lot of other influences together with House music and electronic music and stuff that I've been playing around with. I've worked with so many different collaborators on this project," he added.
Avicii has also revealed that Swedish singer Salem Al Fakir, Imagine Dragons' vocalist Dan Reynolds, "American Idol" alum Adam Lambert and Los Angeles duo Blondfire will make guest appearances in his first album with Universal Records.
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers