Mumford and Sons Premieres 'Hopeless Wanderer' Music Video
Grammy Award-winning group Mumford & Sons has unveiled the music video for their track "Hopeless Wanderer" off album Babel but fans won't get to see any of the band members in it. Instead, they will be treated to the funny antics of four comedians who have been cast to portray the English quartet.
The five-minute-plus clip features former "Saturday Night Live" cast members Jason Sudeikis and Will Forte as Marcus Mumford and Ted Dwane, respectively, "Arrested Development" star Jason Bateman as Winston Marshall, and "The Office" actor Ed Helms as Ben Lovett.
The comic quartet satirizes the band members, from their outfits to even the facial features, in the case of Dwane's beard. From their respective musical instruments down to the way the band performs their heart out, the funny men give on the dot impressions. Either playing outdoors or being crammed on a small boat, the guys take their funny portrayals quite seriously, complete with a lip lock between Sudeikis and Forte.
For the rousing finale, they let it all loose with Sudeikis kicking his foot through a drum set, Bateman breaking a piano with his banjo, Helms going crazy with an accordion and Forte humping his cello as they perform inside a light bulb-filled barnyard, before wandering off as they carry all their musical equipment on their back. They do give a new meaning to the hook, "Hold me fast/ Hold me fast/ Cause I'm a hopeless wanderer."
Mumford & Sons' "Hopeless Wanderer" music video
More Mumford & Sons News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns