Josh Brolin, Joe Manganiello and Ryan Gosling Eyed to Play Batman in 'Man of Steel 2'
Since Christian Bale hang up his caped crusader costume, there have been a lot of talks about who will play the iconic hero in the next movie. Following confirmation that Batman will appear in the "Man of Steel 2", The Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision reveals shortlist of actors approached to bring back the DC Comics hero.
The upcoming movie will take inspiration from Frank Miller's graphic comic "The Dark Knight Returns" where Batman met Superman for the first time, but will not seek to recount the origin story of the Dark Knight. Bruce Wayne is reportedly envisioned in his late 30s or around 40s. He will be "established and rugged."
"Jonah Hex" actor Josh Brolin, 46, is a contender to play Batman along with "Magic Mike" hunk Joe Manganiello, 36, and "Gangster Squad" star Ryan Gosling, 32. Other candidates are Richard Armitage, 41, Max Martini, 43, and 35. Manganiello, in particular, previously auditioned for the part of Superman in the first "Man of Steel" movie.
Armie Hammer was previously attached to play the caped crusader in Warner Bros.' first attempt to work on "Justice League" years ago. But "The Lone Ranger" actor recently said, "I'm not actually a big fan of superhero films. If you have a guy who is supposed to be invulnerable, then what's the point?"
Another reason as to why the "Mirror Mirror" actor ruled out taking part in the Superman vs. Batman cinematic scenario was because he's set to star opposite Henry Cavill in "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." He reasoned, "I think if Henry and I did that film and then a superhero film straight after, people might start to wonder about us."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal