Josh Brolin, Joe Manganiello and Ryan Gosling Eyed to Play Batman in 'Man of Steel 2'
Since Christian Bale hang up his caped crusader costume, there have been a lot of talks about who will play the iconic hero in the next movie. Following confirmation that Batman will appear in the "Man of Steel 2", The Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision reveals shortlist of actors approached to bring back the DC Comics hero.
The upcoming movie will take inspiration from Frank Miller's graphic comic "The Dark Knight Returns" where Batman met Superman for the first time, but will not seek to recount the origin story of the Dark Knight. Bruce Wayne is reportedly envisioned in his late 30s or around 40s. He will be "established and rugged."
"Jonah Hex" actor Josh Brolin, 46, is a contender to play Batman along with "Magic Mike" hunk Joe Manganiello, 36, and "Gangster Squad" star Ryan Gosling, 32. Other candidates are Richard Armitage, 41, Max Martini, 43, and 35. Manganiello, in particular, previously auditioned for the part of Superman in the first "Man of Steel" movie.
Armie Hammer was previously attached to play the caped crusader in Warner Bros.' first attempt to work on "Justice League" years ago. But "The Lone Ranger" actor recently said, "I'm not actually a big fan of superhero films. If you have a guy who is supposed to be invulnerable, then what's the point?"
Another reason as to why the "Mirror Mirror" actor ruled out taking part in the Superman vs. Batman cinematic scenario was because he's set to star opposite Henry Cavill in "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." He reasoned, "I think if Henry and I did that film and then a superhero film straight after, people might start to wonder about us."
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia