Bloodhound Gang Banned From Russian Fest After Bassist Shoves Flag Down His Pants
A Russian festival removed Bloodhound Gang from its lineup after the band messed with the national flag during their recent gig in Odessa, Ukraine. During the concert, Bloodhound Gang's bassist Jared Hasselhoff pushed the Russian flag down the front of his pants and pulling it out of the back.
"Don't tell Putin," he shouted to the audience, referring to Russian president Vladimir Putin. Ukrainian crowd, who considered the flag stunt as a joke, applauded Hasselhoff. The bassist then threw the flag to the audience.
The incident was caught in a video, which was uploaded to YouTube and went viral in Russia and Ukraine. Offended Russians responded to the video by canceling the band's scheduled appearance at the Kubana music festival in the southern Russia this weekend.
"Bloodhound Gang packing suitcases. These idiots won't perform in Kubana," Russian Culture Minister Vladimir Medinsky tweeted on Friday, August 2.
Hasselhoff apologized at a news conference held at the music festival in the city of Anapa, a local news portal reported. He said he didn't plan to offend anyone and it was a band tradition for everything thrown from the stage to be passed through his pants.
When the band headed to the Anapa airport on Saturday, angry locals reportedly threw eggs and tomatoes at their van. The band members were also beaten up by a group of nationalist in the airport lounge.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones