Bloodhound Gang Banned From Russian Fest After Bassist Shoves Flag Down His Pants
A Russian festival removed Bloodhound Gang from its lineup after the band messed with the national flag during their recent gig in Odessa, Ukraine. During the concert, Bloodhound Gang's bassist Jared Hasselhoff pushed the Russian flag down the front of his pants and pulling it out of the back.
"Don't tell Putin," he shouted to the audience, referring to Russian president Vladimir Putin. Ukrainian crowd, who considered the flag stunt as a joke, applauded Hasselhoff. The bassist then threw the flag to the audience.
The incident was caught in a video, which was uploaded to YouTube and went viral in Russia and Ukraine. Offended Russians responded to the video by canceling the band's scheduled appearance at the Kubana music festival in the southern Russia this weekend.
"Bloodhound Gang packing suitcases. These idiots won't perform in Kubana," Russian Culture Minister Vladimir Medinsky tweeted on Friday, August 2.
Hasselhoff apologized at a news conference held at the music festival in the city of Anapa, a local news portal reported. He said he didn't plan to offend anyone and it was a band tradition for everything thrown from the stage to be passed through his pants.
When the band headed to the Anapa airport on Saturday, angry locals reportedly threw eggs and tomatoes at their van. The band members were also beaten up by a group of nationalist in the airport lounge.
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight