'Sherlock' Is Alive in First Teaser for Season 3
Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock Holmes is back from the dead in the first teaser for "Sherlock" season 3. Debuted after an encore broadcast of the season two finale on BBC, the promo teases the title character's reappearance after he faked his own death.
Martin Freeman's John Watson, now sporting mustache, is enjoying a dinner when the eccentric detective seemingly enters the same restaurant. How John, Mrs. Hudson, Mycroft Holmes and Greg Lestrade react to Sherlock's return remains to be seen in the season 3 premiere.
Series co-creator Mark Gatiss once said he planned to have Watson react very differently from the original character at the discovery of Holmes' return. "I always found it a little unlikely that Dr. Watson's only reaction was to faint for instance - as opposed to possibly a stream of terrible swear words," he said.
The third season, which is currently filming in London, will feature John's wedding, with Freeman's real-life partner Amanda Abbington playing Mary Morstan, John's future wife. Co-creator Steven Moffat, meanwhile, confirmed that Moriarty wouldn't return. "He can't come back from that. He shot himself in the face. What more do you want?" he said at Comic-Con.
"Sherlock" is expected to air in the U.S. in early 2014. Lars Mikkelsen was recently cast as new villain Charles Augustus Magnussen.
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose