'Sherlock' Is Alive in First Teaser for Season 3
Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock Holmes is back from the dead in the first teaser for "Sherlock" season 3. Debuted after an encore broadcast of the season two finale on BBC, the promo teases the title character's reappearance after he faked his own death.
Martin Freeman's John Watson, now sporting mustache, is enjoying a dinner when the eccentric detective seemingly enters the same restaurant. How John, Mrs. Hudson, Mycroft Holmes and Greg Lestrade react to Sherlock's return remains to be seen in the season 3 premiere.
Series co-creator Mark Gatiss once said he planned to have Watson react very differently from the original character at the discovery of Holmes' return. "I always found it a little unlikely that Dr. Watson's only reaction was to faint for instance - as opposed to possibly a stream of terrible swear words," he said.
The third season, which is currently filming in London, will feature John's wedding, with Freeman's real-life partner Amanda Abbington playing Mary Morstan, John's future wife. Co-creator Steven Moffat, meanwhile, confirmed that Moriarty wouldn't return. "He can't come back from that. He shot himself in the face. What more do you want?" he said at Comic-Con.
"Sherlock" is expected to air in the U.S. in early 2014. Lars Mikkelsen was recently cast as new villain Charles Augustus Magnussen.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'