'Sherlock' Is Alive in First Teaser for Season 3
Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock Holmes is back from the dead in the first teaser for "Sherlock" season 3. Debuted after an encore broadcast of the season two finale on BBC, the promo teases the title character's reappearance after he faked his own death.
Martin Freeman's John Watson, now sporting mustache, is enjoying a dinner when the eccentric detective seemingly enters the same restaurant. How John, Mrs. Hudson, Mycroft Holmes and Greg Lestrade react to Sherlock's return remains to be seen in the season 3 premiere.
Series co-creator Mark Gatiss once said he planned to have Watson react very differently from the original character at the discovery of Holmes' return. "I always found it a little unlikely that Dr. Watson's only reaction was to faint for instance - as opposed to possibly a stream of terrible swear words," he said.
The third season, which is currently filming in London, will feature John's wedding, with Freeman's real-life partner Amanda Abbington playing Mary Morstan, John's future wife. Co-creator Steven Moffat, meanwhile, confirmed that Moriarty wouldn't return. "He can't come back from that. He shot himself in the face. What more do you want?" he said at Comic-Con.
"Sherlock" is expected to air in the U.S. in early 2014. Lars Mikkelsen was recently cast as new villain Charles Augustus Magnussen.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child