First Trailer for Cannes Hit 'All Is Lost' Starring Robert Redford
Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /home/aceshow/public_html/mobile/m_php/amp_nview.php on line 702
First trailer of "All Is Lost", a critically-acclaimed pic starring Oscar-winning actor Robert Redford, has made its way out online via Yahoo! Movies. Billed as a touching survival film which emphasizes "the value of silence," the video indeed barely sees Redford, the only cast member, speaking as what is mostly featured in it is a great hardship his character has to deal with as a man lost at sea.
Finding his 39-foot yacht taking on water after a collision with a shipping container, Redford's unnamed man is left floating miserably on the high seas with his navigation equipment and radio disabled. As previewed in the video, there are only two scenes where he speaks, and these will be when the depressed man, at the lowest point in his life, is crying for help.
Set for a limited release on October 18, the movie is directed by J.C. Chandor and has been screened out of competition at Cannes. It debuted to rave reviews and even standing ovation, the same honor Alexander Payne's "Nebraska" received at the film festival.
It took nearly three months in Mexico for Redford and Chandor to shoot the film. "He was relentless in his vision, but also very respectful, and it encouraged me to give it more and more," the "Spy Game" actor gushed over Chandor in a press conference.
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'