Armie Hammer Not Interested in Playing Batman Opposite Henry Cavill
Armie Hammer breaks silence on rumored involvement in Warner Bros.' Batman-Superman movie. He was ever set to take on the role as the caped crusader in George Miller's version of "Justice League Of America" until the project unfortunately fell apart due to writer's strike. Now, with Christian Bale having retired as Bruce Wayne, Hammer is once again linked to the role.
Speaking to Metro, Hammer shoots down the rumor. "I'm not actually a big fan of superhero films," says the leading man in "The Lone Ranger". In the crossover movie to be directed by Zack Snyder, he is expected to team up with the current "Man of Steel", Henry Cavill. Apparently, this is what makes him less interested in tackling the coveted role.
"I think if Henry and I did that film and then a superhero film straight after, people might start to wonder about us," Hammer says, referring to Guy Ritchie's "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." in which he and Cavill share the same frame. "If you have a guy who is supposed to be invulnerable, then what's the point?" he adds.
While Hammer attempts to slam the rumor, Liam McIntyre on the other hand tries to make one for himself. The "Spartacus" star has taken to Twitter to voice his interest in becoming Batman.
"Oh my god. So there's going to be a new Batman. It's time to dream big," McIntyre tweeted. "In the world in my head where I do get cast, my main concern for @ZackSnyder is that Batman and Superman would be playing WoW all day."
More Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce