Armie Hammer Not Interested in Playing Batman Opposite Henry Cavill
Armie Hammer breaks silence on rumored involvement in Warner Bros.' Batman-Superman movie. He was ever set to take on the role as the caped crusader in George Miller's version of "Justice League Of America" until the project unfortunately fell apart due to writer's strike. Now, with Christian Bale having retired as Bruce Wayne, Hammer is once again linked to the role.
Speaking to Metro, Hammer shoots down the rumor. "I'm not actually a big fan of superhero films," says the leading man in "The Lone Ranger". In the crossover movie to be directed by Zack Snyder, he is expected to team up with the current "Man of Steel", Henry Cavill. Apparently, this is what makes him less interested in tackling the coveted role.
"I think if Henry and I did that film and then a superhero film straight after, people might start to wonder about us," Hammer says, referring to Guy Ritchie's "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." in which he and Cavill share the same frame. "If you have a guy who is supposed to be invulnerable, then what's the point?" he adds.
While Hammer attempts to slam the rumor, Liam McIntyre on the other hand tries to make one for himself. The "Spartacus" star has taken to Twitter to voice his interest in becoming Batman.
"Oh my god. So there's going to be a new Batman. It's time to dream big," McIntyre tweeted. "In the world in my head where I do get cast, my main concern for @ZackSnyder is that Batman and Superman would be playing WoW all day."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'