Armie Hammer Not Interested in Playing Batman Opposite Henry Cavill
Armie Hammer breaks silence on rumored involvement in Warner Bros.' Batman-Superman movie. He was ever set to take on the role as the caped crusader in George Miller's version of "Justice League Of America" until the project unfortunately fell apart due to writer's strike. Now, with Christian Bale having retired as Bruce Wayne, Hammer is once again linked to the role.
Speaking to Metro, Hammer shoots down the rumor. "I'm not actually a big fan of superhero films," says the leading man in "The Lone Ranger". In the crossover movie to be directed by Zack Snyder, he is expected to team up with the current "Man of Steel", Henry Cavill. Apparently, this is what makes him less interested in tackling the coveted role.
"I think if Henry and I did that film and then a superhero film straight after, people might start to wonder about us," Hammer says, referring to Guy Ritchie's "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." in which he and Cavill share the same frame. "If you have a guy who is supposed to be invulnerable, then what's the point?" he adds.
While Hammer attempts to slam the rumor, Liam McIntyre on the other hand tries to make one for himself. The "Spartacus" star has taken to Twitter to voice his interest in becoming Batman.
"Oh my god. So there's going to be a new Batman. It's time to dream big," McIntyre tweeted. "In the world in my head where I do get cast, my main concern for @ZackSnyder is that Batman and Superman would be playing WoW all day."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal