'America's Got Talent' Unveils Second Batch of Semifinalists
Four more acts went through to the next round of "America's Got Talent" as announced in the Wednesday, July 31 episode, during which Robin Thicke and Brad Paisley served as musical performers. After performing the day before, twelve acts learned their fate in the latest results show, but only several of them getting the spots in the semifinals.
Synchronized swimming group Aquanuts, dance/acrobatic team Innovative Force, and hip hop dance group StruckBoyz were called on stage first. Judging from their performance on Tuesday, it's easy to guess that Innovative Force would move on and that's exactly what happened when host Nick Cannon announced the results.
Hat trick wizard Kid the Wiz, extreme performer Brad Byers, and multimedia comedian Dave Shirley were in the second group, and none of them getting a spot in the semifinals. Next, country singer Marty Brown, sword swallower Alexandr Magala, and the sweet singing ingenue Ciana Pelekai were on the stage. Based on America's votes, Marty went to the semifinals while the other two acts were eliminated.
Two spots left in this episode with operatic group Forte, comedienne Angela Hoover, and one hit wonder Tone Tha Chiefrocca vying for them. Forte was sent to the next round based on the votes, while the judges got to choose between Angela and Tone.
The judges were divided with Heidi Klum and Howie Mandel rooting for Tone, and Melanie Brown and Howard Stern in favor of Angela. So, it's back to America's votes to determine which act went through and Angela beat Tone for a chance at winning $1 million.
The four of them joined singer Anna Christine, magician Collins Key, comedic hand balancing duo KriStef Brothers, and classical singer Branden James who were sent to the semifinals last week. Another twelve of the remaining top 60 will perform next week.
More America's Got Talent News
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit