Ethan Hawke to Star in Another Shakespeare Pic
Ethan Hawke has just added another work commitment. The Oscar-nominated actor, who starred opposite Julie Delpy in "Before Midnight" and its two predecessors, has been tapped to star in "Cymbeline", a new take on William Shakespeare's play that will be directed by Michael Almereyda.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the film is about an epic battle between dirty cops and a drug-dealing biker gang set in a corrupt 21st century America. The site additionally learns that the modern interpretation will be "in the vein of 'Sons of Anarchy' and in the style of Baz Luhrmann's 'Romeo + Juliet'."
The movie, therefore, stages a reunion between Hawke and Almereyda, who directed the "Sinister" actor in 2000's "Hamlet". Anthony Katagas will produce alongside Michael Benaroya, with Ben Sachs serving as executive producer. Principal photography is slated to start on August 19 in New York.
Hawke can now be seen in "The Purge", a low-budget horror film from director James DeMonaco that opened to a stunning $34.1 million in the first place. Currently filming "Predestination", the 42-year-old actor will next be seen in "Getaway", an action crime which also stars Selena Gomez.
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing