Ethan Hawke to Star in Another Shakespeare Pic
Ethan Hawke has just added another work commitment. The Oscar-nominated actor, who starred opposite Julie Delpy in "Before Midnight" and its two predecessors, has been tapped to star in "Cymbeline", a new take on William Shakespeare's play that will be directed by Michael Almereyda.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the film is about an epic battle between dirty cops and a drug-dealing biker gang set in a corrupt 21st century America. The site additionally learns that the modern interpretation will be "in the vein of 'Sons of Anarchy' and in the style of Baz Luhrmann's 'Romeo + Juliet'."
The movie, therefore, stages a reunion between Hawke and Almereyda, who directed the "Sinister" actor in 2000's "Hamlet". Anthony Katagas will produce alongside Michael Benaroya, with Ben Sachs serving as executive producer. Principal photography is slated to start on August 19 in New York.
Hawke can now be seen in "The Purge", a low-budget horror film from director James DeMonaco that opened to a stunning $34.1 million in the first place. Currently filming "Predestination", the 42-year-old actor will next be seen in "Getaway", an action crime which also stars Selena Gomez.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special