Ethan Hawke to Star in Another Shakespeare Pic
Ethan Hawke has just added another work commitment. The Oscar-nominated actor, who starred opposite Julie Delpy in "Before Midnight" and its two predecessors, has been tapped to star in "Cymbeline", a new take on William Shakespeare's play that will be directed by Michael Almereyda.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the film is about an epic battle between dirty cops and a drug-dealing biker gang set in a corrupt 21st century America. The site additionally learns that the modern interpretation will be "in the vein of 'Sons of Anarchy' and in the style of Baz Luhrmann's 'Romeo + Juliet'."
The movie, therefore, stages a reunion between Hawke and Almereyda, who directed the "Sinister" actor in 2000's "Hamlet". Anthony Katagas will produce alongside Michael Benaroya, with Ben Sachs serving as executive producer. Principal photography is slated to start on August 19 in New York.
Hawke can now be seen in "The Purge", a low-budget horror film from director James DeMonaco that opened to a stunning $34.1 million in the first place. Currently filming "Predestination", the 42-year-old actor will next be seen in "Getaway", an action crime which also stars Selena Gomez.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl