Ethan Hawke to Star in Another Shakespeare Pic
Ethan Hawke has just added another work commitment. The Oscar-nominated actor, who starred opposite Julie Delpy in "Before Midnight" and its two predecessors, has been tapped to star in "Cymbeline", a new take on William Shakespeare's play that will be directed by Michael Almereyda.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the film is about an epic battle between dirty cops and a drug-dealing biker gang set in a corrupt 21st century America. The site additionally learns that the modern interpretation will be "in the vein of 'Sons of Anarchy' and in the style of Baz Luhrmann's 'Romeo + Juliet'."
The movie, therefore, stages a reunion between Hawke and Almereyda, who directed the "Sinister" actor in 2000's "Hamlet". Anthony Katagas will produce alongside Michael Benaroya, with Ben Sachs serving as executive producer. Principal photography is slated to start on August 19 in New York.
Hawke can now be seen in "The Purge", a low-budget horror film from director James DeMonaco that opened to a stunning $34.1 million in the first place. Currently filming "Predestination", the 42-year-old actor will next be seen in "Getaway", an action crime which also stars Selena Gomez.
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant