Video: Ryan Kwanten Turns Into Spider-Man's Greatest Nightmare in Short Film
Ryan Kwanten has recently garnered praise from all Marvel fans following a short film entitled "Truth in Journalism" that hit the web on Wednesday, July 31. The Australian heartthrob, best known for starring as Jason Stackhouse on "True Blood", is featured tackling one of Marvel's greatest villains that is widely recognized as Spider-Man's enemy.
The 17-minute black-and-white film follows Daily Bugle journalist Eddie Brock and seemingly tries to reveal the true story of why he gets fired from his job. Of course, fans will be treated to a scary transformation of Brock into his infamous alter-ego Venom which is revealed near the end of the movie.
Kwanten's convincing performance as the Marvel villain in the Joe Lynch-directed short film is much more appreciated by fans than Topher Grace's in Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man 3". "Wow - too bad 'Spider-Man 3' wasn't half as good as this? - nice job!" one of many comments read.
Another fan gushed, "Yeah, Ryan Kwanten's performance was ace in this. He was the classic Eddie Brock from the comics here. This crazy dude is the villain we love from the comics. Love it!!"
Serving as producer for the well-received film is Adi Shankar, who produced last year's "The Punisher" short "Dirty Laundry".
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding