Video: Ryan Kwanten Turns Into Spider-Man's Greatest Nightmare in Short Film
Ryan Kwanten has recently garnered praise from all Marvel fans following a short film entitled "Truth in Journalism" that hit the web on Wednesday, July 31. The Australian heartthrob, best known for starring as Jason Stackhouse on "True Blood", is featured tackling one of Marvel's greatest villains that is widely recognized as Spider-Man's enemy.
The 17-minute black-and-white film follows Daily Bugle journalist Eddie Brock and seemingly tries to reveal the true story of why he gets fired from his job. Of course, fans will be treated to a scary transformation of Brock into his infamous alter-ego Venom which is revealed near the end of the movie.
Kwanten's convincing performance as the Marvel villain in the Joe Lynch-directed short film is much more appreciated by fans than Topher Grace's in Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man 3". "Wow - too bad 'Spider-Man 3' wasn't half as good as this? - nice job!" one of many comments read.
Another fan gushed, "Yeah, Ryan Kwanten's performance was ace in this. He was the classic Eddie Brock from the comics here. This crazy dude is the villain we love from the comics. Love it!!"
Serving as producer for the well-received film is Adi Shankar, who produced last year's "The Punisher" short "Dirty Laundry".
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed