Video: Ryan Kwanten Turns Into Spider-Man's Greatest Nightmare in Short Film
Ryan Kwanten has recently garnered praise from all Marvel fans following a short film entitled "Truth in Journalism" that hit the web on Wednesday, July 31. The Australian heartthrob, best known for starring as Jason Stackhouse on "True Blood", is featured tackling one of Marvel's greatest villains that is widely recognized as Spider-Man's enemy.
The 17-minute black-and-white film follows Daily Bugle journalist Eddie Brock and seemingly tries to reveal the true story of why he gets fired from his job. Of course, fans will be treated to a scary transformation of Brock into his infamous alter-ego Venom which is revealed near the end of the movie.
Kwanten's convincing performance as the Marvel villain in the Joe Lynch-directed short film is much more appreciated by fans than Topher Grace's in Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man 3". "Wow - too bad 'Spider-Man 3' wasn't half as good as this? - nice job!" one of many comments read.
Another fan gushed, "Yeah, Ryan Kwanten's performance was ace in this. He was the classic Eddie Brock from the comics here. This crazy dude is the villain we love from the comics. Love it!!"
Serving as producer for the well-received film is Adi Shankar, who produced last year's "The Punisher" short "Dirty Laundry".
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?